Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

No

Is there a crack on the splines
Because that’s how they fail

You can get subcompact cranks with modern features now. If that’s what you’re asking.

hmm wat kind?

I have some white industries vbcs that are more disgusting than suginos due to the big ring costing 100 dollars like ultegra, but with shitty shifting.

i will look

thanks

You must admit though

They make more sense when you only have like eight or nine gears in back

Sugino and WI are so expensive, and for what these days?

Gravel? i guess if you really need to get below 1:1 it still makes sense.

The 11-34 cassettes aren’t that closely spaced, even in 11 speed

1 Like

If anything, the popularity of the 11-34 cassette demonstrates even more the utility of a subcompact crank, since sticking a huge cassette with weird jumps on the back is the only way to low climbing gears with a regular compact double.

As for alternatives, there are options from FSA and Easton now, as well as these chainrings that everyone here is desperately waiting for someone else to buy.

1 Like

Was tempted then I realized that those rings are 1: squircles and 2: the copy almost makes sense but is a little too google translate.

I bought those rings. Just need to get a crank to put them on. They are round chainrings

I had this problem using the BB it came with. Replaced the BB with dura-ace and it’s been fine ever since. Recommended.

I got two sets of the Praxis 48/32 110bcd chainrings to try

going to modify the spider of one of my Rival cranksets first, the tip of each arm needs a notch so that the chain can sit down in the 32t

This, stock BB was like 0.5mm to narrow, causing NDS crank to bottom out then come loose, cured with BB spacer followed shortly by Shimano BB

Spotted near my werk today

needs a tail hook strengthener.
all could have been avoided if they had a 30t inner ring.

but for real, long live the nerd crank. drop bars mean 2 chain rings and not fast bikes means 1:1 or lower gearing and drop bars also means let’s be able to maintain a cadence.

I bought some of those chainrings, but gotta get a pusher and some time to put them on.

Looking at the rings though, I still don’t understand how to install them. We’ll see.

I couldn’t figure it out either. Does the small ring mount to the big ring?

had a dream that a tarcker’s bike exploded.
not gonna say who because it was devastating

Ya can’t leave us hangin here!