Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

Swerve stuff can be great but I’ve noticed a lot of inconsistencies over the years.

TC a bunch of Swrve stuff in my size showed up on Amazon a few years ago. I was getting shorts for anywhere between $30-60. I got some of the longer ones re-hemmed recently to bring them above the knee. Others I’ve had taint repairs on because I destroy the crotch before the rest of the pantaloons. Anyway, I figure after the taint repairs fail I will have to retire them and I am not looking forward to paying $100 for replacements even if I get my money’s worth out of them.

And also I have the opposite problem, my saddles and ass sweat turn the seats black on most of them. Probably looks like I shit myself but I am generally nasty enough for people not to comment

3 Likes

Oh yeah, the pockets have always been the weakness of all swerve pants.

1 Like

well, i got a 20% off coupon for my complaining, so i’ve got that going for me, i guess

1 Like

Oh man I guess I should complain about all the blown out pockets over the years.

Can we also complain about pockets seams landing on the butt / saddle zone?
Happens on both the types of pants that have external pockets and slit / internal pouch style
I am always amazed when casual cycling clothes manufacturers make zero effort to improve the design to accommodate cyclists compared to any random piece of clothing you would find at Walmart then expect cyclists to pay 3x the price.
pocket

3 Likes

tarck consultants, assemble!

2 Likes

10 Likes

so what I’m seeing on the pockets looks like normal fading from having objects in them, not any bike specific fading. are these back pockets lined at all?

I like the feedback to reorient the patch pockets or change the design so they sit further to the sides than normal. patagonia stand up shorts are an example that could be modified for cycling.

not sure how to get around crotch blowout without putting a more abrasion-resistant material on the outside, which is sort of what they’re already doing with the cordura denim.

What if the pockets were on the side of leg, in the lower thigh area?

3 Likes

like this?

3 Likes

Like this

14 Likes

Synthetic pants are 10x more durable than dungarees in my experience. Still have yet to blow out a pair of synthetic bottoms, even the ancient ones are still chugging along not flinching.

because nobody wants to wear cargo pants, you weirdo

Anyone ever seen pants/shorts with the pocket right on the hip seam splitting the difference between back and front? Not quite a cargo pocket since those are typically much too low and paired with front and rear for pocket overload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lag1bXylX00

5 Likes

I think patagonia makes those for you and BOY DO THEY LOOK FUNNY.

Those just have full ass pockets + front pockets.

Good look if you’re a white lawyer that needs to protect your property with a big gun and bare feet

9 Likes

Literally wearing these right now
Without a sidearm