Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

Before I started tarcking I had come to start saying “derangler” in my head when thinking “derailleur.” That’s how I knew I’d found the right place

7 Likes

My favorite part about bikes is the made up component names and intentionally mispronounced brands/names.

7 Likes

Did some serious underbiking this morning on chundery, unimproved rail beds on my way to work. Guess I should have replaced this rusty piece of junk.

6 Likes

this is so good but something bothered me so:

14 Likes

Fixed it.

23 Likes

Well, this just happened:

While riding down these stairs:

Fiberfix to the rescue? Wish me luck. Hell I was already super lucky that I didn’t go OTB.

I think I’ll back it up with a tube.

7 Likes

Yeh that happens. I once had to deploy a shoelace decaleur to finish a 600 after my nashbar front rack broke. My front bag now has a dedicated emergency shoelace down under the spare tubes.

1 Like

bummer. glad you didnt go otb!

2 Likes

Damn! Glad you didn’t go over. Next time gotta ride that sweet curb rail.

4 Likes

yikes. that gives my missing tooth tingles.

1 Like

Yikes! BRB, I have to run downstairs to throw a strap or three on my front rack…

2 Likes

This made me throw an old toeclip strap around my rack and handlebars. Glad you’re ok.

what rack is that?

Been there as well

Somewhere there’s a photo of me at a BMX park jumping a tiny table while all loaded up with this setup as it broke on the way back from a camping trip.

4 Likes

Been thinking about doing a rack retainer with some small diameter hardware store cable and crimps. Loop the cable behind the fork crown, under the headset, then loop each end around the rack and crimp. Not easily removed/reinstalled, but stealthy.

i have a voile strap from rack to handlebars

1 Like

Continues to boggle my mind that the platform front rack is not something that has been just worked out already. Is there one that doesn’t break?

1 Like

bikepacking bags

2 Likes

riding down stairs

5 Likes

It’s the original Orc/Endpoint milk crate rack from the first run of day ruiners.