Seattle area tarck

Ooh, I didn’t know they had a sauna… that got my attention, plus I need to get into some sort of workout routine. I have a punch card at Vertical World b/c it’s close to supgirl’s, but they don’t have much of a gym, and no sauna. I live rather close to SBP but have never been… However, I’m spending all my money on winter gear, lift tickets and new tires. So, maybe after I’m done chasing snowstorms.

Woodland Park GP Sunday. Who’s in?

in.
riding up.
getting wet.
giving 75%

I’ll be there watching while high and/or drunk.

Ftfm

I also think I will be at cranksgiving.

I also may do cranksgiving on my FS MTB.

I’m into this.
Last year I rode the cycletruck up to Mighty-O donuts and brought back a heuge box to share, perhaps that should become a tradition.

I’m into this.
Last year I rode the cycletruck up to Mighty-O donuts and brought back a heuge box to share, perhaps that should become a tradition.[/quote]

I’d be happy to help. We can carry them on my basket bike.

I will be happy to take donut handups.

Dudes if you have been to Vashon and haven’t tried at least one thing from Vashon Island baking company you are absolutely doinitwrong.

Holy shit the maple bar is a croissant
And they have this croissant pizza roll called “bobs burger”

They’re $4ish a piece but I’m told they have some almond and ALMOND CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS. I mean if I could find a job eating croissants for a living I’d want it to be here.

Btw my wife loves this place

I think me and Todd spent some time warming up there once. I remember it being tasty.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Dudes if you have been to Vashon and haven’t tried at least one thing from Vashon Island baking company you are absolutely doinitwrong.

Holy shit the maple bar is a croissant
And they have this croissant pizza roll called “bobs burger”

They’re $4ish a piece but I’m told they have some almond and ALMOND CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS. I mean if I could find a job eating croissants for a living I’d want it to be here.[/quote]

Haven’t been there yet but a few months ago we stopped at Snapdragon on Vashon and it was really great too.

Snapdragon was ok. I had the Turkish pizza and it was ok. They had a bunch of pastries left from the morning and I was tempted.

The bearclaw at Vashon bakery holy shit tho

I like the fruit croissant pastry thing at Snapdragon. Their non-bakery food has been hit or miss for me.

I’m gonna be in Seattle Dec 27-Jan 2nd visiting sup’s fam. I’ve never been and most likely won’t have a bike with me but plan on seeing as much as I can. Sup’s family moved out there while she was in college so she’s also not familiar. Any recommendations?

What kind of stuff do you like?

Mostly bikes, vegan food and architecture. Also realized that Alaska Air allows bikes for $25… so may bring along the h/g.

Maybe I am jaded from being a Seattle bike shop dude, but for bikes, where there are a shit ton of shops, there are few I would consider a destination. The best is probably Peloton, which has a legitimately great kitchen while being a fully functional bike (mostly repair) shop, and down the road is Metier, which looks very attractive over the internet, but is really limp and boring IRL. Lots of high end bikes there, but they’re really married to the whole EuroPRO thing (yawn). Swift has a new shop downtown which is definitely worth stopping in at, if you’re into the whole thing with bespoke fop chariot bags.

Vegan food is goddamn everywhere, of course. Recommendations really depend on in what part of town you are staying.

I don’t know anything about architecture.