Short, shameful confession

this is why i live in the PNW. more 40-55F riding days and if i’m gonna get soaked either way, better with skywater

[quote=crowding]I’ve been riding home every night the last couple of months on a bike with no headlight.

Eta: it has a dyno wheel[/quote]

I use a light when it’s dark, but I’ve had a dyno wheel for 6 months on my co-motion, and I still haven’t bought a light for it. :colbert:

I didn’t buy a sweet jimmy MTB basket bike for $200

I lie in bed thinking, “Doug, you are a fucking idiot. That bike would be the perfect option for so many rides. Why are u so dum?”

another dadbro friend of ours has it

but don’t worry, Jimmy will keep building ever sweeter basket bikes

[quote=GrandmaJordan][quote=crowding]I’ve been riding home every night the last couple of months on a bike with no headlight.

Eta: it has a dyno wheel[/quote]

I use a light when it’s dark, but I’ve had a dyno wheel for 6 months on my co-motion, and I still haven’t bought a light for it. :colbert:[/quote]

I thought my dyno light was broken for 2 weeks. Turns out, it has power button I didn’t know got pressed.

Probably some helpful passerby switched it off when they saw it locked up running on standlight.

There was a rando at one of the 400K controls that mistakenly pulled the wires out of his SP dynamo. There were a bunch of guys huddled around it taking turns stripping & twisting the wires, inserting them into the plastic connector and plugging it in. They would spin the wheel and the lamp would not turn on then they would walk away in defeat. Finally Yummy Gooey gave it a go and did an immaculate execution. We spun the wheel and again, and to our surprise, no bueno. Simultaneously we all had the same idea: “did anyone check the cyo power switch to make sure its in the correct position?”
Many lulz.

My wife is always bumping her lights off when she locks her bike up

Probably some helpful passerby switched it off when they saw it locked up running on standlight.[/quote]

I had a helpful passerby try and turn off my Secula once. I watched for a few minutes until asking what he was doing.

Probably some helpful passerby switched it off when they saw it locked up running on standlight.[/quote]

I had a helpful passerby try and turn off my Secula once. I watched for a few minutes until asking what he was doing.[/quote]

I’ve seen this once before too. Always torn between being a dynamo missionary or avoiding the entire conversation with my mainsplain so I can be on my way.

I wanted to put an “it’s ok, it’s not a battery powered light” sticker on my light just to keep from needing to turn it back on when I got off the ferry. Wasn’t enough of a problem though, because it is easy to reach while riding.

this is all top tier first world problems

I’ve had that happen in new york maybe twice, because everyone here hates everyone else.

These are certainly not Ohio problems.

yeah. Nobody here would politely turn off my lights.
They might smash my wheel for the light being annoying to them and I deserved the whole thing because bikes.

the helpful passerby situation only happened once i moved to central pennsylvania; the equivalent back in new york was someone leaving trash in my basket.

^LOL. I once got a politely worded letter taped to my brake cable about how I might want to lock up my bike better because it’s at risk of getting stolen.
Needless to say I had a pretty good lock on my nondescript fixed gear bike… no way that’s getting stolen in broad daylight in a decent neigborhood.
The handwriting was kinda shaky so it was probably an older guy with a bit of time on his hands and little knowledge of bike thievery.

the helpful passerby situation only happened once i moved to central pennsylvania; the equivalent back in new york was someone leaving trash in my basket.[/quote]

I think one time it was a tourist and the other time it was an academic/bike commuter as I was rolling up to work at Brooklyn college. Neither qualify as typical New Yorkers.

Out of my currently rideable bikes, not a single one has fenders. Don’t ban me.

Same.

I’m currently wearing a shirt for a band that I have no interest in listening to, like, ever.