SS cross bike

but i would avoid them if my situation allowed me to.

[quote=Rusty Piton][quote=frankstoneline]
Anybody have an old steel frame for me?[/quote]
I have an old Schwinn Le Tour with a slightly bent TT that you can have fo freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/quote]

How big is it?

56ish.

perfectly said.
Anybody have an old steel frame for me?[/quote]

I know more than one person that has raced their V1 scrambler SS in cross. Works good with 32’s and even better with a fork upgrade.

Actually they switched the '09s to horizontal dropouts. See photo. I still wouldn’t buy one…again. Fun bike but I love my CrossCheck more.

Don’t feel like reading the whole thread but if you’re interested in the Cross Check check out the Pake C’Mute. Almost exactly the same thing, and can be had cheaper. I’ve been very happy with mine

Those One-Way dropouts look like they’re stamped. If so, that’s super cheap and ugly, and there’s no reason to buy that frame over any number of mega-cheap Schwinn frames or the like. I mean, there was no reason before, but back then they had the fabled “track ends” that buyers cared so much about from 2005-2008.

i really like that dang soma double cross though, man. one day you will be mine.

Oh, you don’t say…

is it everything i dream it will be? i want discs though.

Believe.

yea i know they have disc tabs, i just said dat cuz RJ’s not running them.

thinking about uilding up a BI jury frame.
Fat tires, ss/fg flip flop
moustache bars
f/r brakes
spd’s
shreddsville population me.

I just saw this sucker in person for the first time:

Let me tell you that it is goddamn [i]beautiful[/img]

[quote=frankstoneline]thinking about uilding up a BI jury frame.
Fat tires, ss/fg flip flop
moustache bars
f/r brakes
spd’s
shreddsville population me.[/quote]
Good luck finding the right brakes for that thing.

Tektro R556?

i keep thinking if i had a little extra cash I’d buy a pair of these to stash away in the parts bin.

but I also fight the fear that I may be a hoarder.

That’ll work with the front, not with the back without the extendo attachment.

nah they’ll fit in the back i think. The tektro specs for those brakes fit the BI description of necessary rear spacing, unless someone measured wrong.