TAF, JA, or just WTH?

That better fit perfect, always

2 Likes

I sort of wish the tubes were continuous, and the stem clamped onto them like rails for adjustability

2 Likes

There’s more here

that whole show nicely encapsulates the title of this thread

2 Likes

Wouldn’t having you handlebars connected directly to your front hub in a way that cuts out any deflection in the fork leg or stem make the front end feel incredibly harsh?

1 Like

it’s almost a truss fork, so depends on the execution

I want a truss rando fork just not like that one tho

2010s: You should have a fast bike with all the parts to ride all day on any surface, in any weather and at night that can carry a modest load without feeling like a truck.

2020s: LOL want a truss fork?

The whole thing coming out just under a kilo.

:dotted_line_face:

5 Likes

To be fair CDM is supposed to be more of a velo themed fantasia than a practical demonstration

2 Likes

Wow, it’s like they took the normal rake/trail numbers for a rando bike and reversed them!

Postural study and geometry

Caroline has been riding a Sobre Versatile for a few years. In terms of its position, several elements needed to be improved: the reach and the stack to be reviewed (back pain, numbness of the hands, pain in the knees), an overlap to be erased. As for the behavior, she also wanted a more nervous bike, better climber, while keeping the “positive inertia” on the flat and the stability of her current bike.

The geometry takes care of all these elements. The low offset of the fork is one of the particularities of this geometry. After having done long sections of riding with the CDM21 bike, a mountain bike with a large trail that greatly alleviates the work of the abdominal belt at high speed when the trajectory is disturbed by an obstacle, we wanted to give this bike a larger trail than usual on our ultra-distance road bikes, since it will also face gravel sections, but especially cobblestones! Less weight to put on the front to keep the trajectory, less numbness, less sheathing. And more energy to regain speed when leaving the sector!

Very curious how this works out in practice. Kudos to them for trying something different.

2 Likes

That extra strut looks real vertical

Do truss forks make a truck?

I ran into Juan Pelota’s old mechanic on a walk last weekend and he was riding this. A local frame builder built it. Reckoned it was a lot of work. Looks like it!

7 Likes

Don’t want to upend trussfork chat but my friend who reported this kindly sent a snap

20 Likes

Who’s gonna call it and invite this person to tarck?

4 Likes

Maybe he could teach us to ride our bikes

6 Likes

Good guy used to mess in the 90s’ school for kids who can’t ride good and who want to learn to do other stuff good too

13 Likes

I am desperately searching for that photo of a Sachs frame with a cleanly separated head lug

1 Like

There was this too

8 Likes

what’s funnier is the forum post from a professional metalworker who was like “are these fucking clowns soldering their frames together?!?”