This is Storck in a nutshell. Although Storck has 3 different levels of carbon layup (comp, pro, platinum) for nearly every frameset. Hell, my Aernario frameset alone retails for $4500 (pro version) and the Platinum version is somewhere around $7500. But they also offer the complete Visioner with 105 for around $2300.
That makes sense, but it seems like there’s a lot more “halo” spec bikes these days. From taking a quick look at specialized.com, the cheapest model of that Creo is $9k MSRP, there are 5 Roubaix models >=$10k MSRP, etc.
Assuming this is true
does that make it a “bubble”
or “making hay while the sun shines”
have you been to Boulder lately
![]()
Good question, and because we can’t run parallel real world markets concurrently, we can’t really know until things either go to hell or don’t. I’d trust Braden’s use of the term bubble, he’s in the business and I’m not.
ok, dentists + techbros into fitness?
Real talk my roommate works at the local Trek dealership and sells at least one $10k+ e-bike a week. Usually to 40-something commuters it seems.
She also somehow sold a $5k carbon Domane to a 10 year old
how did a 10 year old get $5k
techbro, probly.
I’d prefer that to dentist
or influencer.
YouTube vid title: A New Bike?! 5000$??? (Insert kid making wide eyed shocked expression)
TC: would totally ride a creo if i had dentist money. fuck yeah commuting home from boulder to ned at least once a week. could pedal for 90 minutes instead of 20m ride + 1h bus + 20 minute ride.
TC I kinda want an e-roadie for my commute over the Oakland hills.
I would love to have an e-assist cargo bike.
e-assist is pretty sweet on heavy cargo bike.
Most of my internal conflict about e-bikes is how it lets people go a lot faster than they’re capable of managing.
And puts motorized vehicles on hiking trails and singletrack.
Urban cargo ebiking is a totally different beast.
Have you ever been on an ebike or been next to one? They’re nothing like motorcycles.
I regularly ride trails where old guys are riding pedal assist bikes. They’re not throwing a roost up the hills.
allow me to counter your limited anecdote with my handwaving speculation:
it’s the thin end of the wedge.