Tarck Approved database

[quote=yonderboy]Shimano hydros are easier to bleed than SRAM, in my opinion. I guess it depends on if you like the funnel or extra syringe more.

[youtube]COLd57jDvOE[/youtube]
[youtube]pxTZ2QTPc2w[/youtube][/quote]

Iirc bleedworks or something like that makes a syringe system for shimano. It works really.well esp on filling a new system since you can up fill from the caliper which makes getting rid of all the bubbles even easier.

My road/touring/whatever bike is a Kona and I like it a lot. Rides pretty stiff but I like how the stiff frame + 45c tire collabo rides.

Can you BMX guys contribute stuff to database? I know little to nothing about what’s good and what’s not (see BMX/Awesome thread).

What is the tarck approved bulk cable housing, for both shift and brake? What is a good source to purchase the approved items?

Shimano SP41 for shift, whatever you want for brake (even the cheap shit is fine). For mechanical dicks, compressionless Jagwire housing.

Where to buy? From your local Ben Rainbow.

No, cheap shit is not fine. Cheap brake housing compresses sooooooo much. Any big brand is fine: Shimano, Sram, etc.

Sorry, that’s what I meant. Don’t buy the no-name shit which is $5 for a roll of 50 feet, but anything from a reputable maker is fine.

Has Tarck fallen off the Jagwire all the things wagon?

I’m OK with jagwire

Jagwire is good, especially because colors. I try to exclusively use Shimano SIS housing and Odyssey compressionless brake housing on any build I’m going to take pride in. That’s only because it’s what I’ve always used and I don’t like change.

Speaking of such, a friend gave me a box of Summit compression brake housing that I’m never going to use because it’s the worst, anyone want it for their turdly bike? It sucks, really bad. You don’t want it. But it can be yours for the cost of shipping.

Sounds like a shitty friend.

I should be getting some fruity bmx styled stuff in the mail tomoz for my wife’s fully. Will let you know how it goes.

I should be getting some fruity bmx styled stuff in the mail tomoz for my wife’s fully. Will let you know how it goes.

Yokozuna is pretty good.

[quote=Face]Jagwire is good, especially because colors. I try to exclusively use Shimano SIS housing and Odyssey compressionless brake housing on any build I’m going to take pride in. That’s only because it’s what I’ve always used and I don’t like change.

Speaking of such, a friend gave me a box of Summit compression brake housing that I’m never going to use because it’s the worst, anyone want it for their turdly bike? It sucks, really bad. You don’t want it. But it can be yours for the cost of shipping.[/quote]
donate it to a coop

The database only features nerd cranks. No just cranks.

What’s the best bang-for-buck compact road crank? English thread, external bb, reasonably light. Under $150.

Used 5750/6750/7950/FC-R600/FC-R700/FSA Energy? The R600/R700 are more silver/curved than the 57/67/79 era stuff.

hollow arms, compact. Nicer rings on 6750/7950. Get a BB-9000 for whatever you get, nicer bearings, not spendy.

GTFO with FSA anything.

I think it just goes without saying that the best compact cranks are the ones made by Shimano. Anything modern and Hollowtech II is basically flawless.

Eh. I have used Energy cranksets in 110/130 and they haven’t given my any problems (BBs died fast so I use shimano). Gossamer/SLK may be heavier/crack prone and below gossamer uses weird 19mm BBs and is even heavier, but the Energy, especially bought cheaply is a-ok.

Fuck dude whatever Shimano from euro you can afford.