Tarck Approved database

And you don’t want to accidentally train people to lock their bikes to sculptures.

[quote=b-roll][quote=Andrew_Squirrel]I vote:

[/quote]

Penalized for whimsy over usability. I don’t want to whack my head on a stegosaurus tail when I’m locking up my bike.
The enthusiasm for making bike racks look like public sculpture makes me a little queasy. [/quote]

You’re no fun.

Kyle?

I’ve only used them on limited occasions, but I’ve always thought the Varsity Docks were pretty nice. They’re minimal, have accessible flange to lock to, and two offset bases to hold the wheel and make sure handlebars don’t lock and make the bike is more secure than simply leaning it. Plus the flange is coated so it doesn’t damage the paint.

There is such a thing as over-engineering, but this is well considered and works nicely. I think the one drawback is fat bike tires don’t fit.

Not sure how much they cost, but they have a “get quote” button, so I’m sure they’re not cheap.

I’m reluctant to recommend anything that has a designed for lock location and bike orientation. Staple racks are the best racks I’ve seen for the variety of lock strategies, bike orientation options, and cost.

Staple racks with protective plastic sleeves I think I’ve seen somewhere.
Bike racks for specific tire sizes have been done worse than the Varsity Docks, but yeah.

How much steerer do you need?

I have one I have ridden a few hundred miles on and didn’t die. Don’t need it anymore.

$75 shipped.

Its for my friend; I’m building a gravel bike for him. He already ordered one, but he compromised on clearance a little bit at 38. Thanks though

If I’m rolling around looking to lock up and I see a fucking dinosaur and a staple/wave/normal rack you better believe I’m 100% going to risk knocking my brain on that dinosaur tail.

Speaking of awesome rack design:

So much effort went into designing this. And it probably works really well for non-weird bikes. But I’ve never seen a single person using one. I had to read the instructions twice while waiting for the bus to figure it out.

If you have to read the instructions, it’s poorly designed.

+1 for staple racks. Even people who fuck it up can’t really fuck it up and if everyone Sheldon locks you can fit 4 bikes to each staple.

yeah!

unlike most extra-designed models, a staple is especially difficult to lock to by just your front wheel

Probably goes in the tire thread, but what’s a good 28mm 700c tire for durability followed by supple happiness for a commuter?

I love the Continental GP400 IIs, but it ain’t gonna fit inside a fender on the frame in question.
Gatorskin nominal 28s have been great for me but apparently I’m totally missing out by not getting some other similar tire I’m not aware of.

Pasela Protite club over here

I wound up going with staple racks from Huntco Site Furnishings.

Pretty cheap, and you can get them powdercoated! They’ll probably look like shit pretty quick, but I can’t not get things in bright colors.

[quote=b-roll]Probably goes in the tire thread, but what’s a good 28mm 700c tire for durability followed by supple happiness for a commuter?

I love the Continental GP400 IIs, but it ain’t gonna fit inside a fender on the frame in question.
Gatorskin nominal 28s have been great for me but apparently I’m totally missing out by not getting some other similar tire I’m not aware of.[/quote]

Michelin Power All Season & Rubino Pro Control are both great all weather/rain tires that dont ride like bricks. Sizing is more normal than Conti.

[quote=wesbarf]I wound up going with staple racks from Huntco Site Furnishings.

Pretty cheap, and you can get them powdercoated! They’ll probably look like shit pretty quick, but I can’t not get things in bright colors.[/quote]

Pretty please post photos when installed?

[quote=bobbythehawk][quote=b-roll]Probably goes in the tire thread, but what’s a good 28mm 700c tire for durability followed by supple happiness for a commuter?

Gatorskin nominal 28s have been great for me but apparently I’m totally missing out by not getting some other similar tire I’m not aware of.[/quote]

Michelin Power All Season & Rubino Pro Control are both great all weather/rain tires that dont ride like bricks. Sizing is more normal than Conti.[/quote]
Clement/Donnelly LGG is also a contender.

Thanks friends, my commuter tire horizons are broadening. Checking out the Clements first.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=mander][quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=imoscardotcom]feel free to edit

one doc to rule zem all[/quote]
on all new pages[/quote][/quote][/quote]