Tarck Approved database

[quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=mander][quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=imoscardotcom]feel free to edit

one doc to rule zem all[/quote]
on all new pages[/quote][/quote][/quote]

[quote=mdilthey]High Mileage Steve ran tubeless for the first time this winter, after telling all of us for three years+ that he would never do so because he wants to be able to quickly change a flat with a fresh tube.

Now he’s converted and if it’s good enough for his ~600 miles a week, it’s good enough for me.

I think I get consumer-y with new tires once every year or so, so by the time my sealant is gobbin’ I’m onto a new set anyways. I’ve had great luck ebaying used fatbike/plusbike tires.[/quote]

Can nates and marge lite collabos be tubeless’m
?

did imoscardotcom quit posting after he started the database? If so, quality mic drop.

[quote=kmcdon][quote=mdilthey]High Mileage Steve ran tubeless for the first time this winter, after telling all of us for three years+ that he would never do so because he wants to be able to quickly change a flat with a fresh tube.

Now he’s converted and if it’s good enough for his ~600 miles a week, it’s good enough for me.

I think I get consumer-y with new tires once every year or so, so by the time my sealant is gobbin’ I’m onto a new set anyways. I’ve had great luck ebaying used fatbike/plusbike tires.[/quote]

Can nates and marge lite collabos be tubeless’m
?[/quote]

No, but 45NRTH work so well if you can get the bead set.

I deflated my 45NRTH tires (tubed, with a taped rim) ((don’t ask)) yesterday, and when the bead popped off there was a “WHOOSH” as the tire filled back up with air once the seal was broken. I guess because deflating the tube inside created a pressure vaccuum. But it was nice confirmation that the seal was good because there was never any sealant in the tire.

Word. I still have a season or so left on my Nates so I’m gonna hold off

I really like the S Ground Controls on my Fartboy. They set up tubeless easy with a compressor.

Couldn’t find any mention of decaleur fuckery on the DB.

Anyone got a go-to? One that comes in black? (I’d really like it to be black.) I just got my ozette in the mail (for the hunter/gatherer) and it’s very obvious that a decaleur will be required.

That’s a spot in the niche cycling market that needs more attention atmo

I really do not like my Berthoud decaleur. I find it to be noisy and finicky to setup. An interference fit or something clever like using Ortlieb hardware seems like a better design.

I liked the VO one when I had it on my GR. Yes, it’ll break after awhile. But it’s also only like $20. Just carry a couple spare zipties for that day.

I have the silly VO Randonneur Front Rack with Integrated Decaleur, Cantilever integrated one, which I belt-and-suspenders to the handlebars with a toe strap. It’s dumb, don’t get it.

damnit. the VO one looks like bullshit

http://theradavist.com/2016/06/my-home-hacked-thomson-and-ortlieb-decaleur-morgan-taylor/

might just have to whip something like this up, minus the $100 thomson bullshit

[quote=kmcdon]damnit. the VO one looks like bullshit

http://theradavist.com/2016/06/my-home-hacked-thomson-and-ortlieb-decaleur-morgan-taylor/

might just have to whip something like this up, minus the $100 thomson bullshit[/quote]

talk to fred, he designed this for cyclefab to make I believe. Just needs an ortlieb rail for the bag. The aluminium piece is a seatclamp with rack eyelets that costs a couple bucks.

Maybe this should go in another thread, but I’ve been thinking about going KLICKfix:

Then taking their “handlebar bike bag Aluminum Bracket,” cutting the side struts, and affixing to the bag with eyelet bolts or small p-clamps:

The Paloma comes with this setup, but the Ozette is significantly wider or I’d just sew leather patches to the sides of the Ozette and call it a day.

I need something like that Fred design but made to fit the Berthoud two bolt dongle that bolts to stems.

[quote=Blakey][quote=kmcdon]damnit. the VO one looks like bullshit

might just have to whip something like this up, minus the $100 thomson bullshit[/quote]

talk to fred, he designed this for cyclefab to make I believe. Just needs an ortlieb rail for the bag. The aluminium piece is a seatclamp with rack eyelets that costs a couple bucks.

[/quote]

This one looks pretty good

[quote=kmcdon]damnit. the VO one looks like bullshit

My NFE has something very similar, made from a Minora accessory mount, mounted to the stem, and a Lezyne pump bracket affixed via a 6" wooden ruler to my Swift box. It was a necessity, since the NFE headtube is so big that, even with a slammed, negative-rise stem, my position is still way higher than I’d prefer, so there was absolutely no room for a Velo Orange decaleur.

the ortlieb hook design doesn’t work so well when the rail needs to be directly under the handlebar (unless rivendell bar height)

I’ve got another plan that should work way better for hanging off of stem faceplates, gotta do a special order of unlisted Topeak hardware through backalley to get all the pieces

Let me know if you need some product testing done! I’ve got that weird custom stem with mounts brazed to the bottom specifically for the Berthoud dongle, bottom right piece here:

Hanging things off stem faceplates always seemed suspect to me, expecially if you overload like I tend to

you have a photo of that on the internets?