target tarck

This is what I’m saying.

Nobody offers a real solid commuter bike at Walmart price points, even though it can be done (steel, singlespeed, 700c wheels, etc). A lot of people buy Walmart bikes to commute to work on, these people need something real at the lowest price points. I’m blaming the marketing people in these bike corporations.

Stupid opinion.[/quote]
I agree with zombie here. People buying these bikes has no overall impact on the world… unless you are referencing people supporting store such as walmart and target who outsource jobs and are just generally shitty stores (but I highly doubt that was your point)[/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me?

These things are made overseas, shipped across the planet, used for a couple hours then fucking THROWN AWAY. By design, they break, they don’t perform, and they get thrown away.

They don’t sell shit like this anywhere else but the land of indulgence, opulence, and waste.

Stupid opinion.[/quote]
I agree with zombie here. People buying these bikes has no overall impact on the worldunless you are referencing people supporting store such as walmart and target who outsource jobs and are just generally shitty stores (but I highly doubt that was your point)[/quote]

[quote=“blickblocks”]
Are you fucking kidding me?

These things are made overseas, shipped across the planet, used for a couple hours then fucking THROWN AWAY. By design, they break, they don’t perform, and they get thrown away.

They don’t sell shit like this anywhere else but the land of indulgence, opulence, and waste.[/quote]
So THAT was kindof your point. Ok then.

The point is not “we are elitists and hate cheap bikes” the point is they do more harm then good in many realms.

these bikes are ridden, therefore they serve their purpose. you can’t put the problems of our throw away society onto chain stores that sell bikes to people that i see riding them daily. most of the people i see riding the bikes, granted, are those who do the jobs like dishwasher or stock at said evil establishments, but your not going to (or shouldn’t) ride a NJS frame on that salary, no matter how into bikes you are. money talks and if you need to get to your minimum wage job, your gonna get a minimally priced bike, and why not buy new, i mean who wants to fix up something they need immediately? have fun and ride a bike, the more people that ride, the more it gets recognized. politicians save bike lanes, not people tarcking the lane.

Sounds more like at least part of the point was that while a well-built bicycle that will still be around 10 years from now is good for the environment, a Wal-Mart POS that will end up in a landfill inside of six months is detrimental to the environment.

the mexican laborers that hang out in front of home depot dont seem to mind their shitty roadmaster/pacific/department store bikes. and they ride those things pretty much everyday.

For the most part these shitty bikes were meant to be bought, not ridden. That’s why they have so many dumbass “features” at a low price point. Since there is nobody there with any knowledge to actually sell the bikes to clueless people, they have to sell themselves.

i honestly dont see what’s wrong with the bikes just to ride around on. if you get a shitty walmart bike to hit the trails on then yea your fork might snap and you’ll eat your teeth on a jump but you can easily ride around on these bikes. the majority of bikes locked up at my school bike racks are cheapo walmart bikes with “suspension” because it provides a nice enough ride for the street/sidewalk around campus and nobody complains about them. iunno but i do see alot of people commute on these cheap target bikes just fine.

I’ve seen people riding around on bikes with drive-trains that sounded like Satan grinding his chainsaw-teeth together while running his electric fingernails fingernails down an amplified chalkboard just fine. I saw one dude who’s chain had gone so completely slack the bottom of it sagged a good two inches WHILE HE WAS PEDALLING, riding along just fine.

Wait, did I have a point? Ahh fuck it, I’m going to bed.

surely these people don’t know how to maintain these bikes, either. any bike will sound/perform like shit if you don’t maintain it.

The thing is, people ride these shit bikes and think “man i cant wait to afford a car and get off this damn toy”

Bikes sold at walmart are in the toy section.

You lack reading comprehension skills.

You lack the ability to contribute worthwhile relevant statements.

You lack the ability to contribute worthwhile relevant statements.[/quote]
you are so wrong. bonechilling, more than anyone, contributes worthwhile relevant statements.

I like many others happen to think he contributes more knowledge to this little corner of the internet then most.

haha stfu. you have 6 posts. bonechilling is a wealth of information

That may be, but it doesn’t change the fact that your post was basically a non-sequitur, since no one here is saying that Mexican dishwashers should be riding NJS frames or advocating against inexpensive bikes. How you could take either of those point away from this thread boggles the mind.

That may be, but it doesn’t change the fact that your post was basically a non-sequitur, since no one here is saying that Mexican dishwashers should be riding NJS frames or advocating against inexpensive bikes. How you could take either of those point away from this thread boggles the mind.[/quote]

Bingo. This is why we keep you around.

That may be, but it doesn’t change the fact that your post was basically a non-sequitur, since no one here is saying that Mexican dishwashers should be riding NJS frames or advocating against inexpensive bikes. How you could take either of those point away from this thread boggles the mind.[/quote]

I support this completely and food delivery guys too. I’m willing to bet NJS delivered Chinese food tastes a lot better.