That's a nice rack thread you had there; shame if something were to happen to it again

That’s tempting, if only for the XL bag that can’t be consumed otherwise. Probably not worth the trouble for some casual encounters to find someone interested in the rack.

2 Likes

She really wanted a basket, I really wanted to keep it reasonably lightweight, and the handbrakes+housing was complicating things.

Came up with this, a bent up stainless Electra fender strut, 2 P-clamps, plus a bit of hardware.

It’s solid, that rod is very resistant to bending.

28 Likes

tarck is about

3 Likes

A BASKET ON EVERY BIKE 2022

8 Likes

Has anyone tackled the task of enbiggening raclips to fit ~10mm tubes?

I’m working on an idea today involving opening the upper saddle and fiddling with hand cut shims. I think it may work. Will share later if it works or not.

1 Like

OK, it works. It’s very labor intensive for just two of these dudes mainly because the abs material I used for shims was too thick and I needed to sand it thinner before I could get started. I’d imagine someone could easily 3d print a grip of these. The large piece needs to be glued to the clip but the small dude is located by the bolts.

I opened up the saddle piece, just made the opening wider without cutting any deeper. Just used some round stock wrapped in sand paper.

With more time I’m sure I could make the whole thing a lot cleaner but I’m happy.

7 Likes

I know we stan for English around here but this seems rather ill advised.

Oh jesus christ that’s just stupid.

needs to triangulate from the bottom rear edge of the rack to a clamping headset spacer

(instead of back to the handlebar clamp again)

3 Likes
4 Likes

What collapsible bins y’all putting on your Clydesdale forks? I got a decent one but I can’t put 18” pizzas in there comfortably. I used to have a plastic bakery rack on it but it was hysterically big

reminds me of a ol’ pizza rack I had once upon a fart

medium bigant is my jam. not gonna do an 18” pie without folding it but it’s real good. well built and plenty sturdy to use for a TT hand position

that one. right there. surely not the sturdiest rack ever invented but dang that seems like it does a lot for bikes that wouldn’t otherwise suffer it

3 Likes

Oh, that’s a clever design (though I suspect it would fold like a house of cards with any substantial load)!

what if you triangled the tang to go to the front? still probably wiggly waggly but hopefully not house of cards?

talking <15lb loads or is even that much too much?

Oh, yeah it would still be wiggly as hell, but you’d have to shove the rack up to get room to put a vertical bracing triangle onto the thing.

1 Like

Something something in Ukraine rack makes etc

4 Likes

Tim Tas Rek is an absolute integrated bag wizard.

Ah yes an artisanal specialized pizza rack that carefully maintains all of the design mistakes of its inspiration.

1 Like