That's a nice rack thread you had there; shame if something were to happen to it again

This fork

You should 100% buy that $11 rack

All the warts

1 Like

1 Like

Finally made use of the wald pizza rack I found in some grass a couple years ago.

Upgraded the stock dowel rod struts and twisty ties with struts and bolts, cut off the broken handlebar mounts and added a crown mount.

The foot is supposed to be flat against the crown but hopefully it will be okay spaced away from the headset.

Shakedown ride went fine

16 Likes

Is this new or just new to me? Universal looks to have some to ship in about a week.

1 Like

Seido is Bomtrack yeah? Looks identical to the bombtrack rack I got from @jimmythefly which is pretty sturdy…not Milkcrate™️ sturdy but sturdy.

Lol yep, Bombtrack’s components menu thing goes directly to Seido’s site.

2 Likes

The stock non-adjustable struts look like at least they have room to be shortened a bit by drilling a new hole if needed.

For the one you have I built my own from Ortlieb eye bolts and I think either Blackburn or ancient Cannondale struts.

1 Like

whoa

1 Like

I’m not sure I love the angle or height but the fork legs are messing with my line. Will ride it a bit and think about whether I can file it down to get it right.

Has anyone ever seen things mounted to the struts? Like a bottle cage or something to that effect?

1 Like

I mounted a dynamo light to the struts once. Worked fine.

2 Likes

i mounted a light bracket. always meant to find a way to mount a pinwheel.

when i had a 137 i mounted it to my canti posts with a PM to IS disc adaptor where one hole was drilled out and the other hole 90* to it had the trimmed rack struts mounted to it. worked a treat with a longer, high strength but not all the way high strength bolt (like, 10.9 not 12.9)

1 Like

Scored a free Cetma 5 rail today…it kinda sucks but it’s 5 lb lighter that the suuuper janky wald pizza rack thing I had rigged up so I’m stoked.

8 Likes

The cetma islighter???

4 Likes

Ooh yeah. The broken Wald pizza rack I was using along with the steel mounting plates I used to bolt the tang to came in at a whopping 7.4lds.

2 Likes

You can’t fool me Keith bontrager, I only want one.

3 Likes

This is the best thing I’ve read on tarck in a long time. Tarcklebee nomination right here

1 Like

I’m considered very funny by people who were obsessively reading mountain bike action in 1993

2 Likes

I bought this rack:

I’m curious if it works better than the CETMA (using it for a few weeks reminded me why I sold my old one). Excited about putting low-riders on the Tarckyon (thus transforming it into a cool guy camping bike)

5 Likes