That's a nice rack you got there; shame if something happened to it...

i mean, how terrible of an idea would trying to add molle straps to the restrap be? a pretty terrible one? like, maybe just get the danged ozette already at that point?

[quote=dotMR]My first thought for basket/bag swap was to re-use the (admittedly clumsy looking) rack mounting plate and fabricate a 2-sided plate that sandwiches the basket, with appropriately placed holes for these

More variations of same tech here
http://www.fidlock.com/en/fasteners/snap[/quote]

THANK YOU. I have been looking for those -saw a product that used them a while back and could never figure out the source.
They look awesome for bag attachment stuff.

FYI, tried to order 10pcs of Fidlock helmet straps a couple months ago and they weren’t very interested. Let me know if you find a distributor

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkp_-C3hFaU/

Installed a Radlawn demi-porteur on my Vaya. Sits a little taller than I’d like, but it’ll probably be fine.

V1 or V2?

V1 or V2?[/quote]

V2

V1 or V2?[/quote]

V2[/quote]

Would you mind measuring the length & width dimensions of the platform for us? I wrote Rawland an email but still haven’t heard back.
Looking for a rack that I can swap for my Haulin Colin when I need to stuff my bike it in a box.

315 mm wide x 260 mm deep.

Thank you kindly!

Well they fixed that plate where it mounts to the fork crown. It triangulates. Win?

Nice.

I have a V1 and it is 315mm wide X 205mm deep. They added around 2" of depth, that’s quite a bit more platform than I have.

Picked up a Topeak Fixer front basket. Dang ol’ nope. Maybe with a little rack to support it it could be good. But the handlebar bracket sticks it out so far it’s like a diving board. Might try to use as rear basket if I can come up with a quick release system.

Hold on, you’re running carbon fibre Zipperydoos on a Salsa Vaya?

Yeah. They’re demo/loaners.

LOL I love it.

After some dickering around, I now have a pair of custom struts to suit the rainbow sparkle MAS*H rack and matching ILE bag.

Fork mount on DS strut to allow for adjustment of IQ-X angle without loosening the bolt. Can use the included dogbone for more articulation if needed. Hangyjawn setup of IQ-X is very convenient.

ILE bag is held on quite nicely with the tombstone and front rail captive

Now to fit fenders in with the crown mount and it’s done.

1 Like

PurpleGatherer + RainbowRack is making my day

Is that light mount bracket custom?

#bagchat

That ILE bag looks pretty sweet.

Looks like they have an option with map case too. I’m guessing you’re not getting into that bag while riding tho…

As someone who isn’t doing 200+k rides, as cool as rando bags are, a couple feed bags/bottle cages are all I need to be able to get into while riding. Not that I wouldn’t fucking love a xl ozette for cheap, but my roadrunner non riding accesible front runner is awesome as is.