That's a nice rack you got there; shame if something happened to it...

[quote=EddBread]

I’m really into this for some reason, maybe with Salsa stays (it’s a shit idea right?) I’ve always wanted to go to Helsinki, plus I have a friend there hmm… any tarckers in Euroland?[/quote]

They’re pretty crappy (I have one).

if you cant answer this question yourself then you need to go back to lurking

ha ha ha

I need a bent tube with a hole drilled in the middle that goes around the back of the fork crown and then attaches to the rack, because there’s a lot of shit happening around the front brake and reducing the complexity of the attachment around a sidepull would be great for the norda. It’s a lot simpler with disc brakes, since you can bolt stuff up however.

we need more racks that reach around behind the fork. I can think of two: the old jim blackburns and the civia pizzeria.

what do y’all think about this one: http://www.publicbikes.com/Bicycle-Accessories-PUBLIC-Porteur-Front-Bicycle-Rack

Didn’t Brian’s messbois use those? Or maybe it was the mk1 version…?

I bought one of those mash racks because I couldn’t resist black with rainbow metal flake. The tang is super beefy like .375" formed steel. The tang could literally take all the weight you could throw at a rack that size. The struts are only needed to make it is stable. It looks like it would work great on a 26" bike with a non suspension corrected fork(I haven’t mounted anything yet). The struts are meant for a solid axle and are non adjustable so I’m probably just going to modify them. The rainbow flake is okay in sunlight it’s subtle, I hear metal flake and I immediately think bass boat / gasser level flake and I’m always disappointed. MOAR FLAKE

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcyOK5ZhfpJ/
Thoughts? Feelings?

Well, the double nut on the struts is unnecessary because there’s no way for the struts to loosen after the rack is mounted

It might have loose tolerance and the nut just keeps things from wiggling.

Yeah I bet those nuts work loose quickly even if the stays can’t change length

How short do the struts go? Can they mount to rando holes?

Yeah, there was a Wald like basket (sunlite?) with similar adjustable struts with a single nut to take up the thread play.

Looks like they built a bunch of them. Pretty big platform, dig the wrap around for caliper brakes (size and mount type is very similar to the civia pizza rack (rest in power)). A run with struts sized for mid fork eyelets and a smaller basket/bag size would easily sell tens of units.

What bike will you put it on? Does the tang extend into where a fender would go?

What bike will you put it on? Does the tang extend into where a fender would go?[/quote]

Probably going to put it on the wife’s old steel univega. It possibly could but I don’t think so.

Any new info on the Radlawn v2 racks? Thinking that one of those might work pretty well with the Sundeal for basketlyfe, but really don’t want to do a preorder with them for something that comes out who the hell knows when.

[quote]Like the V1, the V2 will be aluminum. We have not received any report on breakage of the platform or the struts and their mounts. The first shipment will arrive later next month.
Best,
Sean[/quote]

Also they made the fork plate thing bigger?

stop supporting radlawn if you keep talking shit

[quote=EddBread][quote]Like the V1, the V2 will be aluminum. We have not received any report on breakage of the platform or the struts and their mounts. The first shipment will arrive later next month.
Best,
Sean[/quote][/quote]

Thanks. Later next month meaning June?