the look out honey coz im usin technology aka the garmin/powertap/srm thread

[quote=CockLobster]+1 on the new garmin speed sensors sucking

I had one work great for three months, then just die on me when I changed the battery

followed garmin’s tech support advice, still dead

they said send it back – I just threw it away and put on an old generic ANT+ chainstay sensor and wheel magnet. works.[/quote]
Bummer. I guess I’ll just ride with this one until it kills itself off. Maybe by then Garmin will have stealth fixed everything and I’ll get a better replacement. Well… maybe… considering this has been out for a while now.

I prefer to just show the route on the map, not use turn by turn. The all you see is the highlighted route. No beeps or other distractions. I just zoom in as I get closer to a turn.

this is what I do now but not my choice. which is the point.

I’ve used this workflow:

• drag out a route in gmaps
  • extract the route as GPX using this doodad
  • import to bikeroutetoaster for close inspection
  • delete gmaps’ usual 75% confusing or superfluous directions
  • re-export to gpx for device + csv for cuesheet

[quote=aerobear][quote=Roundabout]1700w? Doubt I could ever hit that (would be 23.3 w/kg for me, best current 5s is like 17). Fortunately/unfortunately I have a very well-defined type of fitness; 3/4 of my top 10 efforts for power numbers from 1s all the way up to 20s were at the end of 4+ hour road races. I put out the same power at the end of an hour long crit as I do at the end of a long, tough road race. Don’t see myself winning a crit this year from anything but a clever move out of a break, but road races with rough parcours got me jazzed.

Season goal: 20min at 4.7 watts/kg[/quote]

Last year in july I was at 4.1 w/kg for 20m.

Last test was 3.9 w/kg, but I paced myself poorly (last 3 minutes my pace was +30w over my 20m average, lots of gas left in the tank). I think if my fitness keeps improving like it has over the last month or two, i will be back up around 4.1 w/kg, at elevation, which will be a pretty good improvement from last year, considering the increase i’d see if i returned to sea level.
I could be just getting fit too early and preparing to tank early, but I don’t think that’s the case. My CTL is in the 60-65 range and only riding 8-10 hours a week. Who knows.

I don’t expect to see any major improvements to my 5s power. Just isn’t in my genetics I don’t think. I didn’t lift at all this year and saw no change from 5s power last year when I was doing squats, box jumps, etc.

Weighed myself today at 141lbs… lowest i’ve weighed in years.[/quote]

Well, I hit my success earlier than I thought.

20m power in my test today was 4.2 w/kg, so FTP is now exactly 4 w/kg on the money. stoked.

plus any self-doubt i have over my own performance has been culled by my strava leaderboard placing
https://www.strava.com/segments/5302379?filter=overall&gender=F
got dat QOM in my sites.

[quote=bikeradar]Stages Cycling has a chart on employees’ watts-per-kilo output at their functional threshold power… created for fun by…

[/quote]

:bear:

Also didn’t realize stemper retired, fun to hear he’s with you now and topping the men’s chart. Though I think the more important question is: who’s the top of the women’s chart?

HY about to have power on all the bikes again.
HY about to start training seriously again now that the tendinitis is on the mend. Curious to see how much ground was lost from last fall.

Moderately curious about power after getting sup’s stages back in tune with garmin.
seated pedaling her tcx garmin said 860w

maybe someday i will care enough to put money into that end of training.

[quote=Roundabout]Also didn’t realize stemper retired, fun to hear he’s with you now and topping the men’s chart. Though I think the more important question is: who’s the top of the women’s chart?

HY about to have power on all the bikes again.
HY about to start training seriously again now that the tendinitis is on the mend. Curious to see how much ground was lost from last fall.[/quote]

haha. I didn’t even realize they put that in there. we just made that up, no one asked jim his weight or FTP. i just looked at some strava segments…
there aren’t a lot of women working here. we have a couple recreational cyclists, but the only other female employee who races works PT and isn’t on the chart since I don’t know her data. i also had no idea that this chart was being sent to bike radar. one of my coworkers came barging down stairs yesterday demanding to know where he stood on the chart that he didn’t know about.

want to buy some of those closeout DA7900 arms about to drop. such a deal!

want to buy some of those closeout DA7900 arms about to drop. such a deal![/quote]

Sale already started, get the shop to get an order in.

want to buy some of those closeout DA7900 arms about to drop. such a deal![/quote]

Sale already started, get the shop to get an order in.[/quote]

Ordered 11. Put a love note in the box.

:bear:

Looks like the DA direct mount on the rear of the TT bike doesn’t have enough clearance to run the 7900 Stages arm :(. Are there any options out there for rear direct mount calipers with additional clearance beyond the Tektro T750R?

A few options… What bike is it?
The bontrager direct mount that comes on the emonda (not the same as the madone brake)
the EEbrake from eecycleworks
New FSA brake - not sure of the name, but coming OEM on a couple bikes now
think there is an older TRP model that fits on the direct mount standard (it comes with an optional adapter plate to mount it as a regular 1 bolt caliper)

why isn’t sales dude at stages picking up the phone! we ordered 12 more 7900 jawns 2 weeks ago and they still haven’t left the door. customers mad.

It’s a Lapierre aerostorm. Currently has the DA 9000 direct mount, gets down to 3.5mm clearance from brake arm to crank arm at its closest. FSA is that Delta looking thing? Is it available anywhere? EEbrake is nearly twice retail on either the Bontrager speed stop or Tririg Omega X. Anyone know if the Bontrager’s available aftermarket?

dq- does shop get a discount on that sale price? coz, though cheap, i need an extra push to get into the powwa game.
Might have to suggest our shop buy some, too.

[quote=lwkwafi]dq- does shop get a discount on that sale price? coz, though cheap, i need an extra push to get into the powwa game.
Might have to suggest our shop buy some, too.[/quote]
Yep