the look out honey coz im usin technology aka the garmin/powertap/srm thread

because you’re probably calling the 1 sales guy for the whole country?

not sure why, but they pre-sold them based on the # of crank arms we had, not based on completed inventory. then they sold insanely fast. i can promise you we are pumping those things out as quickly as possible.

the fsa is that delta looking thing. i know it’s available OEM cuz i just saw it on twitter on an avanti. but FSA never puts new shit up on their website, so not on availability.
the bontrager is available after market, but has to be SPO through a shop with a dexter account. i’ve heard its a lot better than the one that came on the madone, but not much more feedback than that. my coworker tried to install it on his madone, but said he couldnt get it centered right.

Thanks for the pro tips! The Trek shop in town is the worst shop I’ve had the displeasure of dealing with and the last time I ordered a part it took nearly 3 months so that’s a no go. The new tririg intrigues me but unsure if it’s 266% better to warrant the price jump over the Tektro. Not like I ever really need to stop on that bike…

not sure why, but they pre-sold them based on the # of crank arms we had, not based on completed inventory. then they sold insanely fast. i can promise you we are pumping those things out as quickly as possible.[/quote]
People get mad not because they have to wait. They get mad because they don’t know why they have to. A simple email update can do wonders for situations like this.

not sure why, but they pre-sold them based on the # of crank arms we had, not based on completed inventory. then they sold insanely fast. i can promise you we are pumping those things out as quickly as possible.[/quote]
People get mad not because they have to wait. They get mad because they don’t know why they have to. A simple email update can do wonders for situations like this.[/quote]

It’s a bit more complicated than that for large orders with multiple skus.

They are not advertised as being shipped immediately either. Not gonna discuss any more yuan that cuz not tarck business.

Can someone explain heart rate to me? I have a hrm now and I know this:
185: I’m working
190: I’m getting warmer
195: I’m gonna pop soon
199-200-205: my face feels hot

You should base that on your hr a few minutes into an effort. Ride at threshold, i.e. just where your legs burn but you could hold it for well over 15-20 min. Where your hr is 5 minutes in should be steady, not moving up. That’s your threshold hr. Use the predetermined zones from % of threshold HR, Google em or use what your Garmin has set.

Ok, so just basically going at faster-than-conversation is like 170-175 but I hit a hill and it spikes.

I’ve only had this thing for a couple months and it makes me feel like a nerd.

ain’t got time to make no appologies!

Looks like it’s time to drag this thread back for its annual reanimation.

I did some training on a stationary bike this fall and finally decided to drink the power Flavor-Aid. I bought a Stages arm on closeout and I’m using Cateye and/or Strava app to record my rides. It doesn’t look like Golden Cheetah works with the Stages meter. How are you other Stages people tracking training loads?

I’m using the Carmichael plan this year and will probably have to double up my peaks to make it through the whole racing season.

Golden cheetah is fine. How are you importing your data? If you’re exporting strava gpx files, then that’s your issue. They don’t contain power.

Ah, I see how to export the TCX now (add “/export_tcx” to the end of the Strava activity).

I’ve got Golden Cheetah setup. I’ll have to put a few more workouts in it and see how everything goes.

You can export just about anything from the cateye app that you use to upload to Strava. I’ve got a folder of .fit files I will never look at from the Stealth Evo +

@yonderboy original files off your head unit are usually best. .FIT format contains a lot more information since it’s garmin’s file type. Tcx will at least give you all the 1s power values.

Golden Cheetah is great, but prepare for a steep learning curve when trying to wrap your head around all the features. The UI is far from intuitive.

Using my phone for a head unit was a bust. Something about not having a speed indication prevented the app from actually recording any data. It was giving me the display the whole time, though. I have the EVO Stealth+ on order from Amazon Warehouse.

The additional cost of the head unit was always the deal breaker for me in the past, but that Cateye unit is the right price point. I’ve used their computers for a long time; I’m comfortable spending the $65 to get one.

FTPed on Monday and up to 3.3 W/kg after 9 weeks on TrainerRoad. Not terribly embarrassing given that I had 5 months of almost no exercise during the neck incident.

I suspect my FTP might actually be higher than it was before my neck broke. My forte was always pedaling for a long time instead of raw power. I’m wondering what’s going to happen to my long-distance performance.

Also I seem to have developed a muscle butt for the first time in my life. It is weird being able to sit on a hard surface comfortably.

[quote=yonderboy]Using my phone for a head unit was a bust. Something about not having a speed indication prevented the app from actually recording any data. It was giving me the display the whole time, though. I have the EVO Stealth+ on order from Amazon Warehouse.

The additional cost of the head unit was always the deal breaker for me in the past, but that Cateye unit is the right price point. I’ve used their computers for a long time; I’m comfortable spending the $65 to get one.[/quote]

If you do ever ride stationary, wahoo app is best. You can just put in on indoor mode and it’ll just record power.

So, after my last few races, I decided I need to start actually training. Haha.

I can still put down power, but just for not as long as i’d like. Seems like I can ride for a long while at 300w, but the harder efforts (600w+) take their toll. Avg for 1:30 yesterday was 288w, with a few concentrated VO2MAX efforts and 30sec spin ups. I only sprinted once on my way home and it was only 1510w. Ugh, that hurt and I’m disappointed I let myself drop down so much. It’s gonna be a long season.

@rabbi if you want some tools to help with self-coaching, PM me and ill get you up on this beta action… should be ready by next week or so.

oh sup. PM’d.