The New New Guy Thread. Your first post goes here. Seriously.

Some people want to haze, most people think hazing is dumb.

FTFY

There have been dozens of people who never made it through the hazing process without calling someone a faggot (or sometimes ‘faget’ funny enough), said something racist or just generally acted like shitheads and washed out and stopped posting here. It’s been pretty effective at weeding out a lot of bad posters.

So, nuh uh.

Also, white brake hoods can be pretty awesome on some bikes just because of how often they don’t look good. It’s like even more special when someone pulls it off and nails a good looking bike with white hoods. New guy should be praised for his brake hoods, if there weren’t so many fuck ugly cockpit setups out there we wouldn’t get so genuinely excited when someone actually does it well.

[quote=Mr. Grumps]
There have been dozens of people who never made it through the hazing process without calling someone a faggot (or sometimes ‘faget’ funny enough), said something racist or just generally acted like shitheads and washed out and stopped posting here. It’s been pretty effective at weeding out a lot of bad posters. [/quote]

Yeah.

[quote=Mr. Grumps]
Also, white brake hoods can be pretty awesome on some bikes[/quote]

Nah.

FTFY

There have been dozens of people who never made it through the hazing process without calling someone a faggot (or sometimes ‘faget’ funny enough), said something racist or just generally acted like shitheads and washed out and stopped posting here. It’s been pretty effective at weeding out a lot of bad posters.

So, nuh uh.

[/quote]

Yes (although I was never properly hazed).

[quote=Mr. Grumps]
There have been dozens of people who never made it through the hazing process without calling someone a faggot (or sometimes ‘faget’ funny enough), said something racist or just generally acted like shitheads and washed out and stopped posting here. It’s been pretty effective at weeding out a lot of bad posters. [/quote]
TC I thought this was the reason the JOD existed in the first place.

FTFY

So, nuh uh.

[/quote]

Yes (although I was never properly hazed).[/quote]

pretty sure you were
didn’t you get mad at us for posting a pic of yr ladyfriend when we started posting all yr crazy audio gear from yr flickr???

To support the argument that hazing works, I present Exhibit A, “Tarckbike.com = worst forum ever”

^ lol, re-read that BF thread the other day

FTFY

So, nuh uh.

[/quote]

Yes (although I was never properly hazed).[/quote]

pretty sure you were
didn’t you get mad at us for posting a pic of yr ladyfriend when we started posting all yr crazy audio gear from yr flickr???[/quote]

Oh yeah forgot about that. But more importantly nobody ever criticized my JA bikes.

Sorry guys, I told Trek about this forum in the hopes that something useful (ie. front end loaded geo) would get beamed to the mothership.

yeah i told some lady who has a bf in the big s crew. she said he goes to web forums but doesnt contribute.

yeah, on second thought russ seems to ride too many miles to be corporate material. trek store of madison perhaps? i don’t think i know you, do i?

forgot about that scrodzilla guy. thank god he’s not non tarck, like a fat prolly that never got past fixays

forgot about that scrodzilla guy. thank god he’s not non tarck, like a fat prolly that never got past fixays[/quote]
holy shit he has a shop now and it’s all 2k6 fixie
it’s like a place that specializes in JNCOs in 2008

doubt it, I haven’t been here long and am just starting to get around town. Moved from Columbus OH right in time for winter which put a pretty big damper on my voluntary fun bike (and non-bike) activities.

though if any of you raced cx in Madison late last fall, I probably gave you a beer handup.

All my miles are garbage base miles

forgot about that scrodzilla guy. thank god he’s not non tarck, like a fat prolly that never got past fixays[/quote]
holy shit he has a shop now and it’s all 2k6 fixie
it’s like a place that specializes in JNCOs in 2008[/quote]

this is my favorite thread
http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/769181-ask-scrod-349.html

the fact those questions exist there is reason enough to continue hazing new tarckers

Holy fuck

Although, I do have to admire him managing to build a business on being a knowledgeable resource for the one class of bikes that you could literally learn everything there is to know about them in about 30 minutes. Pretty sure he could automate his question and answer service with a chatbot tbh

“If the chain is too worn you may have to replace your chainring and cog”

“You will need a square taper bottom bracket for your square taper cranks”

“The wheel with the cog on it goes in the back. If you accidentally flip the wheel position you will know you’ve done so because it will be difficult to get the rear wheel into the fork”

“Both are good frames, try and get a test ride at a local shop and see which you like the best”

“The tube goes inside the tire. If you’re installing the tube on the outside of the tire it may explain why you’ve been getting flats”

“Nitto makes my favorite set, they’re a little more expensive but definitely worth it”

“With your feet on the pedals, you should find the handlebars in front of you. If they are behind you, you’ll need to get off the bike and put your feet on the opposite pedals from the ones you were just on”

Not sure if actual quotes or not.

Not going to go check.

1 Like