the velo orange x tarck llc business venture thread

[quote=JUGE FREDD]yeah no reason to compete with Shimano or eeBrakes or other weenie stuff on short reach brakes

but a beefier CNC 73mm centermount brake would be amazing

also some of what the R559 is lacking is from the lower arms being proportionally longer than smaller brakes

my ideal design would scale up Shimano’s current symmetric style, but on the RAID pivot spacing instead of DM[/quote]

When you say RAID pivot spacing, are you talking about a long reach dual pivot that could alternatively be post mounted on the same posts as a RAID or Compass centerpull? Unless I’m missing something (quite possible), that could be the greatest rim brake ever.

yes exactly, u-brakes are too big and Paul Racers are too dumb

there’s no reason to make a fourth high/wide pivot standard when you could just do RAID

I’ve thought about making a Cunningham lever-link setup for the Compass/RAID arms to see if that’s workable

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]how about a 27.2 dropper post with 25mm of actual setback
built specifically for road bikes[/quote]

Zipp already makes this and both aluminum versions are really good.

[quote=Endpoint][quote=NOVELTYNAME]how about a 27.2 dropper post with 25mm of actual setback
built specifically for road bikes[/quote]

Zipp already makes this and both aluminum versions are really good.[/quote]

Reread plz

Derp.

You rite.

VO guy: there is a hole in the vintage market: 26.0 1" quill stems in the 120mm+ high rise shapeway … a la the Specialized MTB-3 which is going for fuggin $130 on eBay. It’s bullshit. I want 46cm nitto noodles on too-small 90s hybrid drop conversions but I have to settle for 25.4 Nitto Classic and I’m furious

Also don’t forget 22.0mm quill stems for those who want to convert their Peugeots into low-trail iBobs

lol. But real talk. We do have a very proud quill stem right here: Velo Orange Quill Stem

EddBread, for 22.0, simply sand down the quill, it takes like 10 min and you can then use any stem you want: The Velo ORANGE Blog: French Stems and Installing Grand Cru Reflectors

Hope this helps your builds!

Or maybe just ream the fucker the .2mm?

how abouts a 26.0/31.8 1-1/8" quill stem for vintage MTB drop bar builds?

31.8 bar that combines the swept back tops/long reach of a traditional rando bar with the modern drop shape and flats to hoods transition of a modern compact bar?

Homercar.jpg

I’m pretty sure you’re talking about our upcoming Nouveau Randonneur Handlebar. The ramps aren’t as long as a traditional rando bar, but there is enough real estate to ride comfortably on the ramps as well as have a shape that works well with integrated shifters. The drops are fairly compact while also being sufficiently long. Oh and the tops are ovalized. Oh and also the flare is 12 deg.

Noted!

Will V.2 of (maybe) the world’s most annoy front rack have adjustable lower rack struts?

We’re working on a more adaptable design, but it’s still a ways out. What fork are you using? Soma? Would it work if you bend the legs out to make a larger angle?

We’re working on a more adaptable design, but it’s still a ways out. What fork are you using? Soma? Would it work if you bend the legs out to make a larger angle?[/quote]

Yep the Soma, I wasn’t confident in my bending abilities, plus the tang needs to be longer and thicker to extend the decaleur tombstone 2-3mm further away from the handle bar and cables. In fact you guys should just make one of these: in 4130 or Stainless, adjustable lower rack struts, adjustable top struts, tang extending half-way through the rack, and triangulation in the platform.

I’m pretty sure you’re talking about our upcoming Nouveau Randonneur Handlebar. The ramps aren’t as long as a traditional rando bar, but there is enough real estate to ride comfortably on the ramps as well as have a shape that works well with integrated shifters. The drops are fairly compact while also being sufficiently long. Oh and the tops are ovalized. Oh and also the flare is 12 deg.

[/quote]

Looks like it needs more back sweep. Maybe I’m an outlier but I want more room between the tops and my boxy bike luggage for my fingers while relaxing but can’t run a shorter stem and get the reach want to the hoods/drops.

If it comes in black I’ll probably order a set to try any way.

For the love of shit, please put that bar out in black. 26.0 in silver, 31.8 in silver and black.

[quote=igor]

[/quote]

this is a really nice looking bike.