the velo orange x tarck llc business venture thread

Hydroformed with comfy tops, grooves, and a compact transition in black? I’ll try it. 7000 series?

They will definitely be available in Noir.

We’re working on a more adaptable design, but it’s still a ways out. What fork are you using? Soma? Would it work if you bend the legs out to make a larger angle?[/quote]

Yep the Soma, I wasn’t confident in my bending abilities, plus the tang needs to be longer and thicker to extend the decaleur tombstone 2-3mm further away from the handle bar and cables. In fact you guys should just make one of these:

in 4130 or Stainless, adjustable lower rack struts, adjustable top struts, tang extending half-way through the rack, and triangulation in the platform.[/quote]

Surly already makes what you’re describing

And it’s an incredibly heavy piece of junk. Once you have 4 adjustable struts on a rack like this you can’t make it stiff enough without having a bunch of superbeef special hardware. That’s why the haulin Colin and similar sit atop the pecking order of front platform racks: no adjustability. Designs like the soma rack are the best compromise to fit bikes with slight variance in dimensions because they move all the adjustability to the tang and only have 1, as opposed to 2 adjustable struts. It could benefit from being steel and having a thicker tang. Even with the soma style design you still need something close to the rawland/riv braze on spec

[quote=sparksflyhigh]
And it’s an incredibly heavy piece of junk. Once you have 4 adjustable struts on a rack like this you can’t make it stiff enough without having a bunch of superbeef special hardware. That’s why the haulin Colin and similar sit atop the pecking order of front platform racks: no adjustability. Designs like the soma rack are the best compromise to fit bikes with slight variance in dimensions because they move all the adjustability to the tang and only have 1, as opposed to 2 adjustable struts. It could benefit from being steel and having a thicker tang. Even with the soma style design you still need something close to the rawland/riv braze on spec[/quote]

Too bad nobody’s doing a production run of Collins style racks

Unlikely as the Collin rack is basically made to the fork. I tried moving mine to a forked with the rawland/riv spec and it was off by a CM here and there. That Soma rack is close, but no eyelets for lights is pretty meh.

That and it’s aluminum, I’ve seen one snap and collapse. Where’s the rack thread?

I’ll have to put more in the rack thread, but the Civia Pizzeria Rack was excellent. I shouldn’t have sold mine.

About the only fault it had was fiddly initial installation, and the platform was huge.

Smaller platform and one simple change to the way it went together and you’d have a killer rack.

Noir or TAF anodized friction shifters.

i would actually buy that. Youd sell ones of units

Look at it this way, itd be infinitely more worhwhile than gevenalle and those things exist.

Offset seatpost in other diameters and lengthways. Matte black colorway, por favor.

You guys know we’re just talking to ourselves, right? Like the same conversation that we have every goddamn day.

Velo Orange doesn’t care.

[quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]You guys know we’re just talking to ourselves, right? Like the same conversation that we have every goddamn day.

Velo Orange doesn’t care.[/quote]

suffering is desire

It would actually be nice to have a better option for extra long reach sidepulls than the Tektros. I know I have a couple nice frames that would benefit immensely in terms of rideability if they had a conversion to 650 rim brake tubeless.

[quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]You guys know we’re just talking to ourselves, right? Like the same conversation that we have every goddamn day.

Velo Orange doesn’t care.[/quote]

We’re listening! Whether suggestions can make it to real life and be profitable is a whole 'nother story. With regards to a front rack, we are already working on a design that is more adjustable and mounting-flexible. Extra long dangling brakes are a possibility. Ppl have been pretty happy with the 559s 'cause they’re cheap, work fairly well, and come in nutted and recessed. That’s a hard nut to crack for a slim piece of the 650b conversion pie.

I just put some 559s on ladybiek’s soma. they’re better than the dia-compe 750s but they’re no disc.

[quote=Endpoint]Derp.

You rite.[/quote]

it’s ok what mig is talking about also exists already

[quote=lukasz][quote=Endpoint]Derp.
You rite.[/quote]
it’s ok what mig is talking about also exists already[/quote]
show me a 27.2 dropper with 25mm setback