those 180/360 skids

I know I can’t help but find myself in a paceline every ride I go on. They’re everywhere.

not to distract from oh no’s douche-ery, but when you are turning, look with your head in the direction you want to go. when your head is turned, your body naturally wants to follow. i’ve never done a 360 skid, but for a 180 it seems to do the tirck. ha!

for true! Thats how I get all my bitches

feels good man.

[quote=“spacehippo”]feels good man.

[/quote]

why is this so goddamn funny? I cant figure it out

also nother tip for 180 skidding, itll ramp your tire, instead of square it, if you want though you can flip your tire around on your wheel if it gets too gnar, and even it out, or just learn to 180 skid both ways.

After watching people at work go outside like ten times a day to smoke a fucking cigarette, I decided that just because I don’t smoke doesn’t mean I should miss out on treating my own addiction to improve my focus and general outlook. So I’ve been going outside to play on my bike.

Can anyone offer any tips on trying to ride backward?

Try a lot.

As a non polo player, I would be willing to bet that the 180 skid could be a useful skill to have for polo.

[quote=“vegwerm”]After watching people at work go outside like ten times a day to smoke a fucking cigarette, I decided that just because I don’t smoke doesn’t mean I should miss out on treating my own addiction to improve my focus and general outlook. So I’ve been going outside to play on my bike.

Can anyone offer any tips on trying to ride backward?[/quote]
pedal the opposite direction you are used to

Depends on the court, we play in a fenced in tennis court. So not much room for break aways and therefore kids. We have 1 guy who does that crap and it is pretty much why he is our best player.

[quote=“tepr”][quote=“vegwerm”]After watching people at work go outside like ten times a day to smoke a fucking cigarette, I decided that just because I don’t smoke doesn’t mean I should miss out on treating my own addiction to improve my focus and general outlook. So I’ve been going outside to play on my bike.

pedal the opposite direction you are used to[/quote]

Genius. I hadn’t tried that…

AH HA there we go the 180 skid is a useful skill to have! :bear:

take that hatters

Yeah all you hatters out there, with your fuck you fedoras and your piss off Panamas

He isn’t riding fixed though, he is on an old mountain bike so he just slams to a stop before running into the fence.

rather than this lame shit just get really good at hockey stops. i’ve developed my hockey stops so well in the past few months that i can be bombing a hill planning on running a stop sign and stop within fifteen feet of getting hit.

just kick out your rear. it’s all in the hips baby, you just gotta strap in tight and ease the tension.

[quote=“vegwerm”]After watching people at work go outside like ten times a day to smoke a fucking cigarette, I decided that just because I don’t smoke doesn’t mean I should miss out on treating my own addiction to improve my focus and general outlook. So I’ve been going outside to play on my bike.

Only thing I can think of is try it standing up and putting your weight towards the front. It just feels better to me. I have much more difficulty being seated and going backwards.

Also, riding backwards is not a useful skill.

[quote=“spacehippo”]feels good man.

[/quote]

aww man, I didn’t even know this had been posted before the web comic thread.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Edit: A bit late to the discussion, but this thread is a perfect example of why Oh No is worthless and hopefully will not be returning anytime soon.

i landed the 180 skid a couple days after posting this and that was a long time ago.
old ass thread but it still shows oh no douchery, it’s true!

I mean, in all fairness, he wasnt that douchey.
you guys might be turning into pussies, i mean, I dont know for sure, but this is a little touchy feely for my taste.
p.s. 180 skids, while fun, are for all reasonable situations, worthless. you shouldnt get so butthurt when oh no points that shit out.