Tour of California

anyone see the rock racing car splash the camera guy? i bet that makes it into bikesnob this week

Was there for a bit in santa rosa today, took some pictures, but not a ton because the rain was coming down and I kept getting distracted by other things. but, in case anyone is interested

That was about the most entertaining part of the first hour or so (I wasn’t really watching the clock). Up till that point there was no footage of the riders, just the announcers talking about the time trials and boring ass coverage of people milling around the finish line. I was pretty stoked that Mancebo managed to win the stage.

yeah they had some weather issues, it sucked because i invited some people over to watch and there was nothing really to see for a while

Heres some pics from the prologue,

I was too hung over to ride to davis and watch the start :[

Someone nicked the Lance’s TT bike from the team truck (also bikes of 3 other Astana riders).
Some idiot left them in the team truck behind their hotel…

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/ ... htm?csp=34

where else would your store the bikes if not in the team truck? maybe they need some fuhgedaboutit(sp?) chains.

I just came here to post that. That’s a bold move.

Yeah, wtf do you do with that bike? there is only one, not like you can hawk it on ebay. I guess part everything out but the frame?

powdercoat it black and throw on some DP-18’s and chop and flops brah

Yeah maybe build a TT frame with the parts, and have a souvenir that you have to put away when the guests come?

Well if I was the guy responsible for the bike I’d make sure there is somebody at the truck throughout the day and all the bikes are in a locked storage room in the hotel overnight. Or in my room. Yeah it’s a hassle but 10 of those things cost upwards of a hundred thousand dollars to replace (for the sponsors, but still…) And it’s not like they’re easy to replace either… broken in saddles, custom frames and parts etc.

Blah blah blah, take it to the stolen bikes thread. Sucks for these guys, but they’ll get new (spare) bikes flown in. There’s thousands of poor ass kids every day getting their bikes stolen would would endure more suffering as a result. Back to the ToC discussion:

Rain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 26_fvi%3D1

:bear:

Fricken Levi turning the screws, good googley goo!

Am I the only one having trouble streaming this thing?

it was kinda on/off for me…

oops, the live feed doesn’t start for another hour and 15 minutes!

Isn’t that kinda late?

that guy is from Butte, America…lance is lucky he still has knees.

anybody make it out to watch today?