Viggen:s build thread for that rad-ass steel fs enduro aka NüThread

It’s on.

1 Like

OG thread here = https://tarck.cc/t/build-thread-viggens-starling-swoop-custom-geo-160mm-fs-single-pivot-steel-shredder/21548

Locked but not forgotten!

lol since you last posted it, i’m more and more intrigued by the marinos…

can’t wait to see the swoop built

storn :eggplant:

Oh shit what up

So some things happened…!

Frame is amazingly nice and everything was top notch and fucking amazing. I got to the bottom of my box and found out my Burgtec carbon bar wasn’t in the box… Hmm strange I thought and carried on drooling and just getting all handsy with my frame…

Then in a fit of being to overexcited I stupidly clamped my frame in my work stand with a cloth straight over the “853” decal on the ST kinda deforming it a bit. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:

Then as I started hanging stuff on the frame the colour of the decals I ordered (RAL 1003 aka Signal Yellow) didn’t look all that yellow to me. More of a neon colour, so I pulled out my wheels and fork with the other custom RAL 1003 decals and lo and behold I was right! A slight “what the fuck is this fuckery…!?!” went thorough my mind.

So I stopped for a minute and sent a mail to Joe asking if there might have been some miscommunication between us or between him/decal maker along the way? Got a response within the hour and it turns out that was the case and that he missed putting in the order for my Burgtec bar as well, new decals are on their way and my bar is on it’s way over here ASAP. So my mishap with the ST decal will be fixed once my new Proper Yellow decals arrives! All is good and well with my Frame Builder!

I also for the first time in my life I took a shock out of a bike and mounted a coil to it, since DVO actually sent Joe/Starling the wrong length but the right lbs… So he refunded me the coil and I found a Nukeproof super light steel one on clearout from the UK.

So imma leave you with this lil tease from mid-build :kissing_cat: (saddle height isn’t set properly here)

3 Likes

I am very much an MTB n00b but that looks so rowdy!

Holy shit that is amazing!
And that cassette looks ridiculously huge. I mean, I know my eagle is, too, but probably because it is so clean right now.
But really, super, duper awesome looking.

Faaaaaaaak

:tarckbear: :tarckbear: :tarckbear:

so, so excited to see this come together.

Alright, it’s time for mobile pic bonanza of the full build!!!
Only thing missing is the OneUp EDC tool, need to borrow the tool for a guy here in the valley. Threw in a star-nut in the meantime.

I bring you this beauty:

4 Likes

hnnnghh

^^

something about stanchions thicker than the frame tubes is giving me a real confusion boner right now

also interested to hear how the ride quality of a steel frame under a big dude holds up in a bike category where stiffer really is better

storn regardless

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thanks mang!

Well I’ve just thrown it down my local mountain for a couple of hours, I’m about 185 heavy, and didn’t once feel a lack of tracking/stiffness. Joe has some interesting thoughts on bike stiffness/compliance and there is something about this bike that just makes it go fast!

I’ll make sure to update along the way.

:*