What did you do to your bike today?

Starting stripping this thing down to prepare it for a rebuild.

sick, is that a magura brake in the back?

I rode crabon up a potholey gravelly climb at Griffith park, and was passing cars on the descent, but my garmin decided to turn itself off at the bottom and lost the recording

[quote=plop]Put brakes and a drivetrain on this camping bike I’m building.

[/quote]

These are awesome frames* and I love this era of Miyata graphics.

*except for the noodly rear cable hanger, seat bolt hanger might perform better

I have two seatpost bolt hangers on my Trek 720 and Rawland Stag and they are the worst.
Have some generic hanger on the Trek 720 with no barrel adjustment and the slightly better Surly version on my Stag that does have barrel adjustment.
Both of them love to translate lever movement into a visual wiggle before straightening out & actually moving the cantilever arms. This makes the rear brakes incredibly spongy.
Is the stop on the Miyata really worse than that? Am I doing something wrong?

Current list of never again frame features:

• Lack of rear brake bridge/stop (maybe just generalize with rim brakes)
  • Horizontal rear dropout
  • Threaded steerer/stems
  • Rack mounting eyelets close to the dropout
  • Integrated seatpost binder bolts

Installed a big, stupid, heavy rack on my commuter.

I put the krampug mostly back together last night. I’d been waiting for the bottom bracket to show up, but then I reviewed my emails and realized that I never actually ordered it, so it got put back together with a whole new drivetrain and crunchy bearings :expressionless:

Just need cables/housings, which I’m gonna buy on the way down to the trail system (that we’re camping at this weekend) and installing it all in the field. Wish me luck.

Rode the Telekom to the shops about 5 min away.

First ride on it since … October? I dunno, I love that thing. Wish I could ride more.

Thanks to dotMR for the idea, it turns out I already had the perfect piece of PVC pipe to replace my ruiner fork sitting in my parts bin.

I took apart my commuter to have a friend braze a disc tab on the chainstay. I should have it back this weekend.

Well the identical stop on my Expedition was made of like 3/16" rod and would visibly flex downward on application. I replaced it with 3/8" tube and feels much better. I guess seatbolt hangers can be bad depending on the housing run.

People really hated it when I put a disc tab on a serotta. Tread carefully

If people don’t want me putting a disc tab on a Paramount, they’re really not going to like when I put one of those Soma lowtrail turd forks on it!

U gon get rekt

Put orange $1.39 eBay silicone grips on the basket bike using the zip tie method someone here shared and it all went well until the last zip tie on the second grip which tore the shit out of the grip. Oh well, I have another few sets on the way.

Went full bottle nerd:

• Tubelessed the Horizons on my forkless day ruiner, managed to get the tires seated with a floor pump, but had to partially pull the bead up on to the shelf by hand, managed to spill 2 oz of orange seal on the concrete floor in the process
  • Dumped more sealant into the rear tire of my mtn bike, hopefully it holds so I can drop it off to have the shock/fork serviced (because the used Horsethief I bought last summer turned out to be a 4 year old Salsa demo bike)
  • Starting swapping original parts back onto the Space Horse to prep it for sale
  • Wrestled with a track pump trying to seat a tyre bead on an i25 like a total dumb ass
  • Spent 2 hours truing a rotor and aligning a mech disk caliper

I forgot to install a cable end.

you madman

you actually did it.

lol’ed because at first I thought you were talking about the cable with no end