What did you do to your bike today?

I was going to criticize the bb7 but then I realized that I’m trying to cut some negativity in my life

look on the bright side. They’re not BB5s.

TC: I just put new rotors and pads on my mountain bike, kept the BB7s. They suck compared to the hydros on my Endpoint, but they’re better than every rim brake bike that I own

I didn’t buy the BB7s. They came with a Vaya that I sold as a frameset. Can confirm: they pulverize the shit out of rim brakes.

I’m wanting to go hydro, but I’ve come across so many finicky Shimano brakes (leaky piston, contaminated pads, etc) that it makes me just want to stick with cables.

Maybe I’ll upgrade to Klampers. Will you guys like me then?

klampers are a downgrade from bb7

That’s the joke.jpg

I got the Yokota tandem stripped down to bare frame. One of the pedals was seized and took the crank threads with it. Since it’s a weirdo backwards tandem crank arm I helicoiled it and called it a day. Oh, and chased the bb threads as well, discovering in the process that it uses a 73x127.5 bb that I hope I never have to try and replace.

I dimpled a metal fender, tweaked clearances, raided the parts bin, and finally got a pusher to work 90% on the v2 coffee grinder. Still getting some rub in low/low because the cage physically won’t move in any further even with the limit screw and tension backed off, but it’s minor and I can deal in that one condition. R8000 setup is wonky af. Also cleaned a shocking amount of gunk off the drivetrain.

Dropped the Broakland off at Outpost to get the headtube trimmed

Picked up a rear light

Wired the light onto my cargo bike, which now has front and rear lights that will always be on.

Cleaned my current main road bike, hoping that vague shifting was because of gunk, not because I need a new chain again. It might be that, winter was salty and wet and gritty.

Hunter/Gatherer V1 build in progress. Headset in, fork in, post clamp in. Post, stem, bars, saddle, rear dangler mounted. Wheels and tires installed.
Fenders halfway installed, front rack installed but I want to swap it for something else.

I took the 600 tricolor (6400) brakes off of the nordavinden and replaced them with a more appropriate mid-reach br-600. (The 6400 calipers were dangerously close to the tire and maxed out on reach.)

I’m actually quite surprised by how much better the feel of the newer calipers is. I guess I shouldn’t but maybe the pull ratio is different or something? Anyway I don’t hate the way they look.

Trying to figure out what is rubbing on the Spacehorse. Rode it with front brake disconnected, rubbing noise. Rode it with rear brakes disconnected, rubbing noise. Checked front and rear fenders for points where they would rub the tyres, not even close. Took both wheels out, spun them and they seem fine. They’re both slightly out of true, nothing major. The hubs might need to be pulled apart and serviced, but they’re sealed Shimano 105 hubs?

All I know is it makes a rubbing noise on a wheel roatation in the same spot. It doesn’t matter whether I’m pedalling or coasting. I think it is the rear wheel. It only does it when I’m in riding, not in the stand. It seemed to disappear/ quieten down when I rode in the wet the other day.

If you coast but really lean the bike out to one side does it get better or worse? Check frame for cracks. Check rim spoke holes, and where spokes cross each other.

Yeah, a crack is what I’m afraid of… but I can’t see anything yet. I’ll try and figure it out this week. It totally sounds like a tyre rubbing on a mudguard, but can’t see where it would be happening. I might try more pressure and see if it makes a different. Now I think about it, it’s only happened since I changed tyres, but the new tyres are slightly smaller, less knobby, but more supple.

Bent wheel axle? Got a different wheelset to to swap in for diagnosis?

Pretty sure these will be loose ball, but that probably won’t be your problem anyway.

I reckon it’s your rear tyre on the guard. Get a piece of tissue, wrap over tyre then rotate through the guard, it’ll catch at the touch point.

Pretty sure these will be loose ball, but that probably won’t be your problem anyway.

I reckon it’s your rear tyre on the guard. Get a piece of tissue, wrap over tyre then rotate through the guard, it’ll catch at the touch point.[/quote]

That’s a good idea! So you’re not just a pretty face.

Spicy curry, now with extra spice. (thx Blakey & JLN)

Finally took the fat chance to the lbs to have them dremel off the borked crankarm, went to put a replacement parts bin one on and realized the fucking bontrager already on there has the square taper parallel to the crank arm, as opposed to every fucking other crank I’ve ever seen. So pulled a crank off some POS I was gonna sell on craigslist, but now I’ve got silver cranks on a bike with mostly silver parts.

Took it for a spin in the woods. Damn I missed riding this thing.

Took the nerd crank off the Space Horse and put the Tiagra thing back on. New chain, too. Just need to swap the stem, clean it, and hopefully can get it sold quickly.

Started getting the Reign SX ready for sale by:

• pulling my OG -93 Flite off it and place by a parts bin san marco caymano.
  • pulled the Hope stem of it and put back the original stem.
  • started swapping Hope brakes to Deore XT’s which came in the mail.
  • swapped Ice tech rotors for Centerline 200’s.
  • took purpano hope seat clamp off and replaced with a black one.

Then I decided to tinker some with my 45650B which will be my only mtb until the Starling becomes reality.