What did you do to your bike today?

[quote=Recumbentist]For my Jones (yeah I realize this is ridiculous):

Gold stem and seatpost from Paul (yeah I realize I’m probably going to be sorry)
Pink hubs
Ano blue bottle cages[/quote]

Don’t worry, my blue Klampers will distract folks from your stem/seatpost.

Sup has been wanting to get into riding a mtb so pulled this out of the basement. Got the Stans Bravo wheels for $150 from the Stans guys at the swap. New tires, Sunrace 10sp 11-42 cassette and wolf tooth thingy to make the Zee dangler work with it. Also cut 2cm off the seat tube so she can use the 150 dropper that’s on there. Did a pretty bad job but yolo. Stoked to ride it when she’s not haha.

Whoa, killer deal on the bravos!
Also, looks fun.

Cyclefab / Haulin Colin / Dan Boxer finished up all of the braze-ons last week and I dropped the brown Elephant NFE off at Seattle Powdercoat yesterday.

Frame Modifications:

• QTY 1: New rear hose guide (zip-tie style) on bottom of NDS seat-stay.
  • QTY 1: Add one barrel rear light mount halfway up NDS seat-stay
  • QTY 3: Remove DT/CS hose guide braze-ons

Fork Modifications:

• Dynamo Wire management. QTY 4 External dynamo wiring guides up fork leg.
  • Fix Tubus Duo Lowrider collisions with quick release skewer nuts and level out rack in the process. Tubus Duo Lowrider rack modification, remove tab. Remove QTY 4 rack eyelets around dropout, add QTY 2 barrel braze-ons up fork leg.
  • Add QTY 2 fender eyelets halfway up fork leg away from rack and disc caliper.

Cyclefab Porteur Rack Modifications:

• Remove light mount, add permanent drop bracket with tapped hole.
  • Dynamo wire guides up driveside rack stay. QTY 2

Album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/albums/72157669269133038

That is almost surly level of fork zits

That looks great! Kudos for getting exactly what you want and marking those places on the frame and fork.

I can’t wait to see how the Tubus looks when it’s all finished, because with my unicrown fork, the damn thing is practically unusable.

More photos are on his Flickr. Looks pretty good here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/28410373968/in/dateposted/

That’s so squirrel.

Applied some custom color matched decals to some of the parts going on the Starling:

Bullitt got new front rotor, pads, hydro line

Trying out Jones bars too, waiting on shorter stem

Where did you get the fun colored hydro line?

Probably Jagwire.

Yup. I needed a 2.4m length and Shimano seems to only go up to 2m. Color was an added bonus. Pretty sure you can buy it anywhere, but I got it here

I’ve never used the Jagwire hydro line but so far the performance of RT-86 rotor + J02A pads + Jagwire hose is pretty meh - nowhere near the RS685 dicks on the DayRuiner.

I probably screwed up the bleed though - will try again this weekend

Oh right, I forgot I had looked at Jagwire then realized they didn’t have an adapter for the Shimano RX685 (they do now).
Unfortunately they don’t seem to have an adapter for the Hope RX4 now. I seem to be one step ahead.

The pile of adapters to satisfy color desires does give me pause…

If your Hope adaptors fit Shimano hose, they’ll fit Jagwire too

the other fancy-colored hose I know of is Goodridge https://www.bike-components.de/en/Goodridge/Stahlflexleitung-p27719/

Did some mockups on the fixiebro rack (that rainbow sparkle is delightful!) on the day ruiner.

3/8 x 0.035" ought to be appropriate for stays yeah? Tabs at the ends plus some sort of fork to bolt the IQ-X bracket to.

yes 3/8 x 0.035" 4130 is exactly what production cyclefab racks were made of

[quote=Blakey]

Did some mockups on the fixiebro rack (that rainbow sparkle is delightful!) on the day ruiner.

3/8 x 0.035" ought to be appropriate for stays yeah? Tabs at the ends plus some sort of fork to bolt the IQ-X bracket to.[/quote]

Beautiful!