What did you do to your bike today?

Update:
Threw out the crappy tape and the shop I stopped at magically had caliedo tape in stock. Subtly TAF till death.

Yeah wow those disc posts on the Sundeal fork are way off. I moved the washers under the caliper to get it running in the meantime though. That bike is a lot of fun.

…except road hubs.

Put some basketbars and a boner stem on the Sundeal last night, which lead to needing longer brake cables, which lead to using my stash of compressionless jagwire cables, which lead to replacing the brakes with parts bin BB7s.

Now just need to figure out what’s causing what I think is the rear rotor to rub when I’m on it. There’s no rubbing when the wheel is spinning without a load on it. Happened with the original brakes too.

The brake posts on my fork are pretty off as well.

Loose hub? It’s always a good idea to overhaul cheap hubs anyways. Grease is cheap, but it seems most hub manufacturers are cheaper.

I’m hoping it’s that simple. Ran out of time to mess with it last night, won’t have much time tonight either, but wanting to multimodal it to work on Friday.

smaller circles on the DayRuiner

#165s

[quote=puelnewdle]Put some basketbars and a boner stem on the Sundeal last night, which lead to needing longer brake cables, which lead to using my stash of compressionless jagwire cables, which lead to replacing the brakes with parts bin BB7s.

Now just need to figure out what’s causing what I think is the rear rotor to rub when I’m on it. There’s no rubbing when the wheel is spinning without a load on it. Happened with the original brakes too.

The brake posts on my fork are pretty off as well.[/quote]

What frame? Make sure nothing is cracked…

[quote=motorbacon][quote=puelnewdle]Put some basketbars and a boner stem on the Sundeal last night, which lead to needing longer brake cables, which lead to using my stash of compressionless jagwire cables, which lead to replacing the brakes with parts bin BB7s.

The brake posts on my fork are pretty off as well.[/quote]

What frame? Make sure nothing is cracked…[/quote]

Sundeal circusbiek, will check.

Picked up a Cannondale f2000 with a rigid surly fork in a trade a while back, started hanging parts on it for a slightly modern but very Jimmy inspired monster truck townie build.

Got bored and impatient after seeing rack/bag pics yesterday, so I started hanging bits

Motion in the ocean

Installed BB/crankset in Vaya. Determined that dangler tailhook was way out of alignment, so fixed that before getting the drivetrain working. I swear the stock Salsa hangers are made from wadded up gum wrappers.

Got my xtracycle back up and running with new cables, chains and rear brake pads.
Spent a nice afternoon in the yard drinking beer and working on the thing.

[quote=Rusty Piton]

[/quote]
WOW.

greatest bike of all time

I want a patio like that for bike maintenance in the summer!
Every time I try to do it on the deck I inevitably drop a rare piece of hardware between the slats of wood and into the abyss of the gross crawl spot then get all the neighborhood dogs yowling.

Oh man you gotta be careful in my yard! The cracks between the bricks are voracious hardware eaters!

jammed a 650x42 knobby in my Steel District
HY it fits with way more room than expected
WTH I still don’t have an excuse to replace the frame
so turdly but the paint is so pretty

Ya’ll should put a mat/rug/blanket/towel down for catching stuff. Amateur hour over here. A canvas painting tarp is perfect for this