What did you do to your bike today?

Well, this got out of hand. Went to pull the weird RaceFace crank and learned my crank puller is only half right. There’s nothing for the twirly bit to bottom out against in the hollow bb spindle. A penny fits, but just ends up bent. Could stack a few in there, but then fewer threads for puller to interface with. Fuck it, leave crank on and take rings off. Nope. Big ring doesn’t clear crank spider. Won’t ever need the ramped 36t 104 bcd stock ring again, took it off in pieces. Cheap narrow wide ring hole pattern slightly out of spec, so die grinder. Left the vestigial 20t granny on as a drop stop. Test ride was awesome, no problems, hateful double setup not mourned for.

I left my lil ring on also; 1x with options. Did creep up a mountain once in the 24x40.

:grant:

I had some shift-with-a-stick giggles during the struggle.

[quote=iwillbe][quote=Rusty Piton]
This bike is horrible and you should be embarrassed.[/quote]
I don’t think that’s EdBread’s bike, I think it belongs to some Instagram #influencer. It is pretty goofy though, regardless of who’s responsible for it.[/quote]

I was naive! Naive I tell you! I have learnt the tarck ways

(kind of…)

[quote=Shortpants]Weird. That looks like my business partners sups bike. Down to the rainbow housing, except her bridgestone is white.

It’s funny, my business partner will all but refuse to change a flat just so he has an excuse to ride her bike to work sometimes.[/quote]

Same here! I’d use her bike to commute when she wasn’t around – meaning most of winter 2016. It was great in PA with the dyno light + big fenders + basket + poagies.

swapped Spyres out for Hayes CX Experts

jesus christ what a difference, cant thank you guys enough for the recommendation

[quote=imoscardotcom]swapped Spyres out for Hayes CX Experts

jesus christ what a difference, cant thank you guys enough for the recommendation[/quote]

Agreed, except for the stock Hayes rotor

Came one step closer to finding the perfect length for this tiny piece of housing. Also determined that the Jagwire XEX housing is the worst shift housing in history. Coiled brake housing would work better. Screenshot of my own ig because I’m too lazy to actually walk downstairs right now.

Untangled some of the bike mess after the hols. Nothing stole.

[quote=imoscardotcom]swapped Spyres out for Hayes CX Experts
jesus christ what a difference, cant thank you guys enough for the recommendation[/quote]
I’m about to do this
Dq: what rotors and cables?

Guess I gotta do the same

[quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=imoscardotcom]swapped Spyres out for Hayes CX Experts
I’m about to do this
Dq: what rotors and cables?[/quote]

Jagwire Road Pro (Compressionless brake housing)
Stock rotor or Shimano deore-slx

I agree with the above statement, but will add that if you need Centerlock rotors, stay away from IceTech or anything with the fixing hardware at the outer edge of the rotor - it will run into the hardware on the Hayes caliper. The best Centerlock rotor which will fit with that caliper is the Shimano RT70.

Also the Jagwire pads are pretty great. I have some Clarks I’ve bought a while ago, but haven’t had cause to install them yet.

Fully gave up on the Sundeal and donated it and a big box of parts to the local bike collective.
Took the Space Horse to a shop to sell it on consignment because I’m lazy.
Finally wired up the rear light on the day ruiner.

[quote=puelnewdle]Fully gave up on the Sundeal and donated it and a big box of parts to the local bike collective.
Finally wired up the rear light on the day ruiner.[/quote]

lol kind of wanted to get in on the sundeal action, but my trashbar hybrid really doesn’t do anything wrong aside from being too reliable and boring

Stock Hayes rotors, Jagwire Pro Road XL cables/housing.

[quote=oogens][quote=puelnewdle]Fully gave up on the Sundeal and donated it and a big box of parts to the local bike collective.
Finally wired up the rear light on the day ruiner.[/quote]

lol kind of wanted to get in on the sundeal action, but my trashbar hybrid really doesn’t do anything wrong aside from being too reliable and boring[/quote]

Sundeal is pretty great for those of less ample inseams.

Not to get all hope my sup doesn’t find tarck in this thread, mine also showed up at what turned out to be a really bad time in my life, so there’s a good deal of negative emotions associated with it. Better to just have it gone.

[quote=EddBread][quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=imoscardotcom]swapped Spyres out for Hayes CX Experts
I’m about to do this
Dq: what rotors and cables?[/quote]

Jagwire Road Pro (Compressionless brake housing)
Stock rotor or Shimano deore-slx[/quote]

yup

Thanks for this, I have this exact problem (but only on the front?) and I assumed I was just crazy. Disc brakes are hard, I guess.