What did you do to your bike today?

Thanks for this, I have this exact problem (but only on the front?) and I assumed I was just crazy. Disc brakes are hard, I guess.[/quote]

Doing alright with RT64 in the rear, not sure about the stock Hayes rotor in the front, makes some noise (I assume it’s just the pads bedding in…)

put a cartoonishly large basket on my bike. I like it so far.

Dorked up my #rivdork bike with some cheap racks and a basket, and squirted some Orange Seal in the tubes so I could ride it to work today.

Thanks for the Hope report Andrew. FWIW after using the 200mm rotor on the front of my Jones I’d love to put a 180mm on my other disc bike. So much more modulation!

Recabled my LHT and put on a new chain and cassette (got about 3000 miles out of all of the above and I ain’t mad). Then I had to stop halfway on my way to work this morning to fiddle with the cables and barrel adjusters because I am physically incapable of getting it right before I leave the house. I don’t know how shop folks do it.

[quote=kmcdon]

put a cartoonishly large basket on my bike. I like it so far.[/quote]
Which basket is that? Wald?

Bled sup’s xt brakes. nasty looking fluid. Replaced pads.
We reset her rear shock pressure, too.
Then I noticed her lyrik was sitting low from the get go. Did the more sleezy way for fixing it. Emptied air, removed cap, and pulled up a few times until hearing suction and the fork finally started to remain at full travel. I mean, I am going to service it soon, and could have waited, but its hard to find time at the shop since the basement is actually busy these days, and Sundays are pretty much the only days with free stands.
Glad her bike will be functioning pretty much full bore for nationals at Snowshoe.

Need to bleed my trp quadiums and replace the pads this week. Seems I have been dragging rear brake much more than I thought.

Tried to adjust my seatpost on the h/g. It’s very stuck. ):

Already?

It’s a carbon post, I think it might have gotten jammed too deep when I hit a bump or something. The fit seemed ok, a bit tight, when I installed it, but whatev. Gonna have the shop cut it out and ream the tube a bit on Monday I think.

[quote=deadforkinglast][quote=kmcdon]

put a cartoonishly large basket on my bike. I like it so far.[/quote]
Which basket is that? Wald?[/quote]

Yeah. It’s the “giant delivery basket” and boy, is it huge.

I let it grace this piece of pretty scenic road.

Found/fixed a creak on my roadbiek. Long convinced it was from crank/bb area, cuz Cannondale BB30. It was the cassette lockring all along!

[quote=Viggen]I let it grace this piece of pretty scenic road.

[/quote]
Yes

Put a Wald 139 on porteurbike, officially making it a basketbike.
Adjusted brake levers and rewrapped the bars on #rivdork Sam.
Added an Xzibit flap to the front of the day ruiner, was able to use the same template as the flappyflap on the basketbike.

Finally found the little plastic lego things for the Secula, so I rewired and refined the rear light mount on the ruiner.

put together new mtb
flatted the rear’s tube on first ride

tube

we are creek twins. Mine was my cassette too, but I found it after playing with the bb for three minutes and decided to see if the new cassette was still tight just for shits.

It was not.

I’ve found a ton of creaks coming from carbon-backed cassettes. Shimano will warranty them with almost no hassle, which sounds to me like they know it’s a problem.

Recabled internal dropper post for a second time in as many days. LEV Internal dropper posts are difficult to size for.