What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Maybe you can rig a telescoping connection alongside the post?

4 Likes

Switched the Ritchey bars out on the Night Moves to some Deda traditional round bend jawns. I was struggling to find the right spot for the Chorus hydro levers and was getting some weird pressure points on both hands. Turns out the very different shape of the Deda bars works much better with the shape of the Campy hoods. I grabbed a set of the Zero100 gravel bars too and comparing those to the Ritchey ones the transition at the top of the bend is very different between these two as well.

I haven’t paid much attention to Deda stuff in the last 10 years, but there seems to be something to this whole running Italian designed bars with Italian designed shifters.

5 Likes

Plz post a profile

I have some zero100 rhm that are pretty good but I got some numbness after a 1200k

2 Likes

Put some crabon wheels on the bridgestone. Also, was able to get a 32 cassette to work (with a dangler hanger)

22 Likes

TAF thread is thataway>>>

2 Likes

Very LA bike

1 Like

Really liking Deda Zero100 (the new Newton (?)) Deep bars on one of my road bikes. 140mm drop so you can get low low.

1 Like

I have a family reunion this summer and lead my nephews/nieces on bike rides around Spokane, so I resurrected my china crabon frame with parts bin stuff:

19 Likes

There’s a whole lot going on at the front of this bike now.

I got the rack set up on the top fork holes so I could mount the cages on the bottom two holes. But when I set it up, the cage bumped into the top holes anyway, so I’m gonna have to overlap regardless. Oh well. Gives me freedom to lower the rack back to the middle holes.

Fenders ordered.

7 Likes

Did my first bmx race of the season. Definitely rusty, but had a good time. Tried a little more jumping than I usually do.

6 Likes

I changed the brake fluid and installed some Jagwire pads. I also threw on some new bra tape while I had the hoods all pulled up for the funnel. Then I mounted and aired up the Terreno Dry tires.

We probably have at least another month of rain in the forecast. It’ll be a good test of the Jagwire pads and I want to believe the Dry tires will be better than the Byways in the wet.

3 Likes

Still tweaking things a bit, but I’m pretty happy with this part.

9 Likes

started getting this ready for cyldesdale fork, which arrives this week,

and thinking about what it’ll take to get this one ready to go back to regular bike duty.

8 Likes

oh yes. yes please.

2 Likes

Was a responsible bike person and wiped off chains on four bikes instead of doing nothing like usual.

Tuned up mom’s walmart schwinn, installed the Big Apples, and put some tire sauce in the tubes.

4 Likes

The big red on the hub is the cherry bomb is pretty good theming.

6 Likes

Swapped the 29" front wheel on my dumb Monocog back to 27.5". Made the mistake of weighing it, too.

4 Likes

It’s that one of the 110 spaced frames?

I also Voille-strap my bars to the top tube when I have the fork out.

Got a new cassette, chain and rear tire on the Bullitt. Cleaned the derailleur pulleys with a corkscrew. Really shouldn’t let it get that bad again.

Used a ratchet strap pulling up from the ceiling as repair stand/lift.

Feels much much better. Front tire and grips tomorrow maybe

3 Likes