What did you do to your crosscheck today?

I think most are rated for IPX7, which is resistant to being submerged in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. I think adding grime to the equation reduces that a bit.

I did this with a road meter a while back. This particular MTB meter has been through some sloppy riding, but this is the first time it’s actually had ingress.

Not to the bike (it’s one of Mig’s) but to the fork; I’m using one of my lightweight forks for test-riding (theoretically test-riding; my orthopedist does not want me riding a bike for 8 weeks after shattering – again – my shoulder, so I am grudgingly holding off for 4 weeks or another 12 days not that I’m counting) his frame, and it being a sweet-fixie style mullet (disc brake in back, no brake in front) is aesthetically displeasing, so it was time to glue an exxxtra-long iso mount onto the fork.

Still no place to strap the cable to, but a ziptie will work for test rides, and it matches the elegant GLOBS OF BRASS that formed while I was gluing the bottom two feet to the fork blade.

15 Likes

Boxy swap as the lizzard queen will be spending the next few weeks at the dealer while the rear hub is sent back to Sheeemano

14 Likes

update: just put more sealant in it and rode around and now it’s fine.

1 Like

tell me about those handlebars

1 Like

Jawsthemedotmp3

The headset on the road bike was coming loose and the 1 to 1/8 converter wasn’t the full length of the stem. Added a spacer under the stem, was riding on the hs top cap, and the headset is happy. Put a bell the road bike and ride around for a bit. It’s still a perfect way to do miles.

Slightly trued the untrueable rear wheel on the mtb and ordered a rear hub and rim for a better rear wheel.

Updated the Pike on my Timberjack to the better damper and upped the travel from 120->140 then did the rest of the rebuild. Bike feels a lot more planted and stable with the new setup.

Also put some 2.1 mezcals on the time warp Lynskey, as well as a new bash guard to match the 36t big ring and treated myself to some xtr pedals.

Busy day.

3 Likes

Laced up some summer plus wheels for the fat bike

Swapped places on the tandem and put a FD on

15 Likes

How do you like your Hubbuh?

1 Like

I like it, it’s hard to find quality tandems that don’t have serious geometry

I packed up the bike with tent/sleeping/cooking stuff and took it on a 1.5 tarck century shake down ride. Worked out great! I had to adjust my tent poles a bit on singletrack and I need to be more careful packing the butt rocket as it rubbed some tire when I was getting loose in the woods

10 Likes

drilled a slightly crooked dropper port and installed a stealth dropper while kid naps. next we’re gonna take it to the cemetery and the playground before dinner

2 Likes

Minion DHR/DHF? 29 or 27.5?

1 Like

Went to the co op and got some townie bars to replace the 52cm ones on the kids ATB. Had to slam the stem because of the rise, which in turn means the cable stop is blocked by the stem. Grabbed some Tektro mini vs out of the pile, of course they don’t clear the tire. Looked for a fork crown mounted cable stop and couldn’t find it so I said fuck it and mounted a TRP CX8.4 which miraculously clears the tire.

I should have re cabled the shifty bits because they are now too short but fuck it I’m tired now.

2 Likes

dual DHRs in 29 x 3 on Alex MD-50s

1 Like

Put some The War on Cars stickers on the Lorry and charged the battery with the charger connected to a kill a watt. It consumed 0.70 kWh, so the last 65.3 miles cost me $0.064.

8 Likes

I did some crosscheck-adjacent sticker bombing of my HV pump.

I need to find a Fox tail sticker to complete my privateer collection.

1 Like

Did a bmx race. Jumped a little afterwards.

12 Likes

Aerobars came off the CG and went on the Norco to do a silly underbiking “race”.

Growtac brakes went on the CG (thanks @igor) and now it’s just the removal of the rack and dynamo away from jumping in some crits.

Still fussing with bar/lever position on the NM. I still haven’t unlocked the secret to making the Campy hoods as comfortable as the Sram ones on the CG.

Moved the Tachyon from one hook to another in the shop and still have yet to compete it. Maybe next week?

Put a saddle on the “demo” CG so @Brendal_Crimpton could shred it. Now it’s in the way.

4 Likes