What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Strapped a big steel rack to the rack, so I’ve got racks on my racks dog.

While roasting coffee this morning I was thinking about how to build a rack from scrap timber in the garage that I could wheel the front of the ebike into and wedge the tyre in place. Lack of wall leaning spots and awkwardness of using the rear axle stand has been a pain.

Popped to the tip to look for a coax cable but then spied this rack, which clears the fenders and disc rotor. Tied down with some scrap rope, I was paranoid it would wobble the not amazing alu Topeak and put me in a ditch but it went smoothly.

12 Likes

On the winter ruiner, applied some reflective stickers for the coming dark and some brake lever booties for the already here cold.

Wood belongs nowhere on a bike

luckily bamboo is grass

so you can follow your rule and have an awful flintstones bike

1 Like

I returned my fenders and rack to the bike today. A while before that I put these generic swept bars on my partners bike. Life is good.

7 Likes

Adjusted bar angle approximately .7 degrees.

Tomorrow I’ll do the saddle.

1 Like

put fenders on sup’s ebike. still got it. custom amazon special 20x2.5 fenders x velo orange x dremel collabo

thanks @igor!

6 Likes

Heckuva collab!

Once did an mtb ride with only two bolts tight after installing new bars

Installed the fat fork, still need to trim the steerer and add a star nut.
Test fit the only spare 135 disc wheels I had, qr with no disc on it looked right, pos bolt on had a disc and was close, but I think I’ll need shims to move the disc out a bit, but it’s definitely lining up with where the caliper sits.

So now I need a 135 front wheel OR dirtbag and just run a rear hub up front. Might do that while I try to find a 27.5 midfat or something.

2 Likes

Swapped the 105x0* stem on my P-29er for 90x7*

1 Like

Dither rode it. Saddle dropped, stem swapped, spacers moved. Tape is next.

installed klunker bars, took stock of what I’ll need to finish it single speed. Hoping for a magic gear that fits the dropouts but not above a chain tensioner if I must. Need a cog kit for the cassette, otherwise just cable and housing.

13 Likes

adjusted shifters and bars a bit
installed better bar tape
hoods are stretched out, any way to shrink them or am I just gonna have to replace?

8 Likes

Started to assemble sup’s levo sl.
Biggest thing was swapping XT brakes on. Well, pretty easy to route except the bit between chainstay and main frame. Had to do this.

Took some thinking and delaying, but got the new hose routed, so today I’ll finish it.
Also need smaller dropper since this design had kink in seat tube in worst spot.
Damn, oneup clamped down on the 50% Santa Cruz coupon. Lol.

2 Likes

I did a lever bleed on ash’s rear brake. There was a tremendous amount of air in the line for some reason.

I put the Selle Italia SLR boost on the HG. It feels nice (probably better than the Aliante it replaced), but man that is a homely saddle, at least on this bike.

2 Likes

Seine bars from @igor on the Marino. They’re wide. Might have to trim them a bit. Metropolis bars will go to Sundeal. I liked them a lot on short rides but the back sweep was a bit much on longer rides. Hoping these are the sweet spot.

16 Likes

I stuffed a 44m pair of Nitto rando bars onto the emergency randonneuse this afternoon (but kept the old Kaleido tape, which, after most of a decade and a couple of rewrappings, is starting to get exxxtra battered.

The randoification of my clutter of bikes is now complete.

8 Likes

Put a new fork sans rack on the CG

15 Likes