What did you do to your crosscheck today?

I got the Marino back from the squish shop with some new eyelet bushings.

I had put off assembly, because I wasn’t sure how I was going to fish the dropper cable with a magnet. Luckily, Marino ran a steel tube all the way through! I need some washers to get the brake caliper in the right place.

I ordered a Token biscuit for the PF30 shell. There was a moment of panic when I went to install the PF92 biscuit I had, and it went through. Then I remembered it was either BSA or a 73 mm PF30 shell as an ordering option. Not much clearance for the chain guide, though.

12 Likes

traded my supergo frameset for a rockhopper frame so i could run my expensive paul brakes.

project came to screeching halt when i realized im missing bits for the rear brake.

14 Likes

also as cool as this gt stem is i’d sort of like one like this:

so if you have one of thems in black let me know.

Me too!

1" quill?

I think I have a zero rise maybe 120 bontrager that’s not doing anything

Ill check tonight

1 Like

Also have the S stem w the cable hanger that probably came with that bike but it’s silver

I think I have a softride stem

2 Likes

Installed a custom seatpost on my longjohn

it has an Enve enclosed wedge in circle seat clamp

it seemed weirdly easy to install? Catch me in the bike repair thread when it turns out I was wrong

Seatpost is steel, so I need to primer + paint it

NEXT UP

put a new FD and Jagwire Mickey shift cable adjusters on my rando bike

fix my stupid rear fender installation job on same

2 Likes

How do you think you have a Soft ride stem? I feel like you’d know whether or not you have something like that.

I do
It’s a 135 90? Mayb posi rise

I trimmed the seat mast, put on narrower (40cm) bars, lowered them and took the new Wilier for a ride. Then got a puncture cos the stupid 23mm gp4ks were perished. Rides nice, just need to do a bit more faffing with position and need a new saddle

10 Likes

Pretty sure all soft ride stems are positive rise

Went to the bike coop to replace a headset, then listed bike on CL. Dodged the angry man who likes to tell me the wrong thing to do.

Did some paint sanding on the Sequoia but I think I’m gonna have to do one or two last coats of Jasco. Some sort of plasticky clear coat (urethane??) just refuses to scrape off in some tricky areas.

7 Likes

Rode downtown on the dj. Doing basically nothing this winter had an effect on my ability to throw this bike around. Manuals were better somehow.

5 Likes

Tried to replace the broken ebike battery case only to discover they sent me the wrong case. The new case is too small. Now waiting to see what their sales dept has to say.

i thought maybe i wanted that bont but i sorta like where the current stem is putting the bars. so im gonna use that for now.

1 Like

Installed the shorter struts for my Haulin Colin rack today. Still probably 1/4” longer than they should be, but they work. I had to cut the dynamo wiring I’d routed through the milk crate rack to retrieve the light. To join it again, I soldered a really janky cable clamp jumper board into the mix. I know full well it’ll be there well past any semblance of “temporary.”

I also wired the front derailer back up after removing the barrel adjuster that was causing all sorts of tension problems.

As motivation to do a ride today, I threw on the new dropper post that I received a month ago. However I didn’t plan this in advance at all and had to work with the resources available at home.

Only god can judge me:

11 Likes

So I thought the little ball end caps with a set screw might help me fix this but it seems that they are 8mm in diameter and I wouldn’t be able to tighten the set screw with it in position even if they fit. Is there something I can put on the end of this cable that will solve this problem or am I going to have to buy the dang one-up dropper lever now?