What did you do to your crosscheck today?

It’s about 56CM on a size large bike. I think the garish color makes it look longer maybe?

The photo angle + bag is making the headtube look weirdly small

Cotton Hill ass fit

3 Likes

doesn’t fit in other threads, so “what might you have to do to your crosscheck today?”:
https://www.neutroncomponents.com/emergency-bleed-kit
seems pretty handy, but might ultimately just add fuel to the fire of the “best brakes for serious backcountry touring” debate. Now you can fix your wet brakes on the go!

5 Likes

Scary!

Nah, it’s the bag obscuring part of the tube. The tube looking thinner makes it look longer.

1 Like

The Polyvalent top tube is already squashed vertically.

I cribbed together a 46-36-24 triple using $1 chainrings from the co-op and those XT cranks I polished. None of it matches but whatever that definitely won’t bother me for a long time until I cave in and pay unsmart money for a matching set of Stronglight chainrings…

2 Likes

If your brakes get to the point where they’re scaring you, a lever bleed probably isn’t going to bring them back. I applaud the effort but also question this persons experience.

2 Likes

I feel like if you don’t practice at home till you can run this thing blindfolded your only going to make things worse on the trail

I dunno, bleeding brakes doesn’t seem that complicated, but I do agree that anything that would necessitate an emergency bleed would imply that lots of stuff is also going sideways with the brakes. In my experience: rock hits line, makes slow slow leak. field bleed would address the superficial problem (not enough mineral oil) but not the cause (rock pointy)

1 Like

Installed Stridsland fork and purple headset, also big long Paul stem. Found out my @Orc rqck ain’t gonna fit which is a bummer. Thinkin about maybe some allthething cages instead of front rack.

14 Likes

water bottle steering blocks?

FROLF?!

1 Like

Are you going to use that saddle with the back support?

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna put it on my bamboo ski bike.

2 Likes

We don’t use that word around here.

3 Likes

Replaced the front brake hose on our bullitt so there is now enough hose to have the handlebars up where we want them. Third time bleeding this brake and second in its shigura configuration and this is the first time it went all according to plan. Now just a waiting game to see if shimano oil eats any seals in the calipers…

3 Likes

For full bleed (empty system), I’ve had the best luck so far with Bullitt front brake by taking the lever + hose + caliper off the bike and hanging vertically.

1 Like

Oh yeah there was definatley some comical trying to pull upon a bleed syringe on a caliper held above one’s head in the mix for me.

1 Like

Hah!

My feedback tripod stand can be set fairly tall, so I just clamped a spare flat handlebar in the stand and had the caliper on the floor

1 Like