What did you do to your crosscheck today?

WHO THE HELL PUT DIRT DROPS ON MY FIXIE!?

Gonna need a taller stem.

13 Likes

did you do this for your fixie goons?

1 Like

My fixie goon is out of town racing mtb…we usually ride after work on Friday but tomorrow is going to be solo. Then the Luxys are probably going back into retirement.

you ever see that iconic music video tho?

1 Like

Nope. But I did have a feeling I was missing a reference there.

well then let’s put it in the open

7 Likes

Oh wow.

“Blades choppin! That aerospoke!”

1 Like

i’m getting old

Me before that video: I have too many bikes

Me after that video: I really should build a fixie

5 Likes

do it for your fixie goons!

3 Likes

I added another triangle to my collection of reflectors on the Bullitt. Think we’re visible enough?

8 Likes

Do you have pedal reflectors? Aren’t those supposed to be better than everything else?

No safety pizza smdh

I have two other bikes with pizzas!
NGL I kinda want those light up pedals.

1 Like

A customer came in with them, and they did seem pretty sweet. Didn’t know they slid out, but it was cool to see them flip from red to white when you flipped the pedals over. ooh, the different mounts for outside it are pretty cool, too. Wonder how long they last between charges.

1 Like

Took off good tires to put on bad tires so I could put on nice fenders, then swapped out the bars and stem and drivetrain and saddle. Then I looked at the awful dyno light wiring and got tired just thinking about so I called it a day and went for a ride

13 Likes

Swapped in thumb shifter and new cassette, that solved the chain jumping issue, thanks!!

Need to replace saddle and I’ll be ready to find some gravel. Next upgrade will be 1x10

7 Likes

I’ve got Deore 11 set up as 10-of-11 on one of my MTB’s. It shifts great, but in the second lowest cog, the 40whatever, there’s a little vague grinding/popping under power. Chain doesn’t skip, jump, or chatter, and most of the “noise” is vibes felt through the crank. Rear spacing is only 142, and I think that might be the issue. Worst chainline is in those low cogs, and my guess is the chain side plates are nibbling on the cog cutouts and ramps, since being pressed up against the 51 limits lateral chain flex?

Probably something to just live with, unless one of you has a clever hack I haven’t learned yet.

fought with hydrobrakes on my wife’s covfefe grinder for about 3 hours today

man i sure hate them when they act up, i guess the pandemic-era 3rd party grx pads aren’t helping either.

new pads tomorrow, OEM.

1 Like