What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Bought new pads and rotors for our e-bullitt, the rotors on there are probably fine but with the squealing that’s going on I don’t wanna deal with trying to clean everything.

put OEM grx pads on the afformentioned coffea finder.
they immediately fixed every problem with the braking system

2 Likes

What brand were the third-party pads?

truckerco, i would have just used shimano pads in the first place but we needed them mid-pandemic during the great brake pad shortage of 2021

I’m still working through a set of Jagwire that I bought during the L04c shortage.

In crosscheck news

5 Likes

Did a good 50 mile ride that was supposed to be 4200ft but ended up 4900ft

5 Likes

I installed an Engin two-bolt seat clamp to hopefully alleviate the slipping chairpole/sticky dropper return. I could find some cheaper ones on rainforest, but they were for 31.8 chairpoles not the 30.8 I have.

Clamping it at 5 Nm meant the dropper stuck in two spots. I dialed it back to 3 Nm before the return was normal. I need to spend some time in the saddle to see if it’ll slip now.

If this doesn’t do it, I’ll have to get a different dropper.

1 Like

Installed the new 700x40 Conti Terraspeeds, the rear fits in my Raleigh RX which I was stoked about and the bead set up nicely with a floor pump. The front required a trip to work for the compressor, now both wheels are chilling on giant Dubble Bubble containers.

8 Likes

Did you try the carbon paste? That stuff solved my slipping/sticking chairpole issue.

Yeah, I use the Finish Line stuff on all my posts. I got in the habit with my Soma. The clamp on that frame was awful.

This is the second frame I’ve had this same dropper be sticky with. The two-bolt clamp was the less expensive fix

What brand dropper is it?

It’s a Fox Transfer rebranded as Race Face.

I’ve found other people with the same issue. Reducing the clamp torque is really the only fix. I wonder if it’s the smaller diameter of the 30.8 that causes the issue.

my wife’s fox transfer does the same shit, it’s really fucking annoying.
we actually spun the seat clamp around and installed the post backwards which helped a lot, as well as using a surly constricteur clamp

i have the exact same one and it’s fine, i really don’t get it.

1 Like

My slippy post is a 27.2 PNW external jobber in a frame with an old fashioned brazed on binder.

Put TRP DH-EVO brakes on the stumpy evo. Also added the TRP adaptors for the SRAM shifter and what fits the OneUp drooper.

wth- TRP puts the adaptors on the WRONG SIDE!!! They put them inside (toward stem), which is wild given how far in I have to run these brakes to begin with. Luckily ThunderMountain will accept a return. So I ordered some discrete clamps and some fancier purple anno versions that will def help.

‘raced’ with it today (put the SRAM clamps that hold brakes with the shifter adapters on there, and both were too far in and rubbing my thumbs).

Still like the feel better than SRAM Code RS brakes that came stock.

1 Like

The two-bolt method seems to be a winner. I did a fairly chill fundraiser shuttle day yesterday. The post didn’t slip at all. Compared to the previous weekend, that is a win.

1 Like

Dithered with the commutepacker. Futzed around with the OMM rack, this thing is sturdy as hell. Swapped out the chainring from a 32 to a 36 beacuse most of this things miles are going to be on greenway trail TBH.

13 Likes

Installed a new chain, SLX 9 speed dangler and SLX 11-36 10 speed cassette from the parts box tied together with a Mickey barrel adjuster on the CX bike. Works well enough in the stand!

3 Likes

Is that a chisel frame

nm…answered my own question. looks like a limited edition