What did you do to your crosscheck today?



swapped my annoying black sheep bars for these prototype jemmy bars from forager cycles. so far they seem much better, but also obscenely wide

14 Likes

Trying this thing called “maintenance” where you clean and lube the drivetrain instead of just dithering on new parts every so often. We’ll see how it goes, feels weird tho.

4 Likes

Tried to make my roommates bike hesh AF. Here’s the before and after.

HY: this fork works great on that frame
WTF: Headset is exploded and rear wheel won’t budge. Letting the shop deal with it currently.

Mounting up dynamo lights and a mech brake when it comes home.

7 Likes

Crosscheck related but I built a roof tray for the wife’s mtb with 3.5” tires. I fork mounted it with a truck bed mount I had but wasn’t using. I used some aluminum channel from McMaster that had just over 3.5” inner width. Spaced the bed mount above the top since it was too wide and I didn’t want to chop it since I might use it again on something else later. Drilled mounting holes to attach to the rails using square u bolts. Had the foresight to slot one set of holes in case I was a little bit off or we move the cross bars. I’m gonna mount some D-rings for strapping down the rear wheel. I had to turn a couple spacers because while the bed mount has qr/12mm/15mm adapters the 12mm adapters weren’t wide enough. Anyway it’s late and I’m sure I could make this a little nicer later but we need it for our trip up to whistler this weekend. Crappy late night bike test for photos.


16 Likes

just wanted to follow up
after the transfer was slipping in her new frame, we just rotated it 180* and flipped the seat clamp around, it’s perfectly fine now.

I have no clue why this fixes it, but it’s been the case on 2 bikes now. Maybe give that a shot if you’re still slippin

Thanks for following up. The two-bolt clamp seems to be working for now.

They got put on the roof rack for our trip. Two kids bikes,helmets and shoes in the roof box. Bike trailer in the trunk. Hi nice to meet you my name is Mr. Griswald.

16 Likes

Dropped the motor unit on our e-Bullitt and ran an internal cable for a dropper remote.

4 Likes

:thinking: might have to do this on the E-Yuba that’s taking shape in the shop now.

1 Like

If there’s room, I’d at least run the housing so it’s there for the future.

I had a KS dropper on the Bullitt with the lever under the saddle nose, but it bit the dust last week so the great dropper swappening happened this weekend. The stock TranzX post and remote from my MTB went to the Bullitt, MTB got a new OneUp dropper (and 4-pot deore brakes).

Basically I spent all my possible riding time over the last two days working on bikes instead.

3 Likes

Fiddling around today. Does this look like the chainring is worn out? Chain doesn’t fully seat until it’s around the bottom of the chainring

the pitch of your chain and chainring no longer match. did you recently replace your chain?

nope, I did recently fall off the bike and something has felt off with my shifting since then

I’m running KMC chain. I can’t say I noticed this before or maybe I was never looking this hard at it

Chain stretch?

One of the two is smoked. Post a pic of the ring and mesure the chain.


What did I do to my SO’s crosscheck today? Started converting her old race bike into a beater/casual/bar biek. Was strangely satisfying swapping out campy 10 for Altus 8 speed stuffs. What Wald basket does this need for purse schlepping and maybe an occasional sixer?

4 Likes

137 but your fork is gonna limit your rack options

chop up disc adaptor to turn into 90 degree bolt hole re-orienter, chop up wald struts, bobs your second uncle twice removed

Guess one of these + a basket + a buncha zip ties would do the trick, but that’s a little pricy for this endeavor. FWIW the fork has a hole at the crown and fender eyelets.

Oh, for some reason I just assumed there was no hole in the crown.

In that case pretty much any canti mount rack is gonna work. Grab a black Sunlite and never think about it again.

1 Like