You stupid fucking frat boy piece of shit

[quote=tzusing]Convince them that i’m human as well?
I assume that when a bunch of crackers pull up in their truck and call me a chink and ask me about my penis size that i should convince them that i’m human as well?[/quote]

lol… lets not blow my words out of proportion. My point was simply that if someone realizes you’re a person, they’re less likely to get crazy on you.

if someone is too dumb to be able to look at me and tell i’m a human then they need their head knocked off by a car.

I was cut off by a girl who turned across the front of me into a driveway. I had to slam on by brakes into a full skid to not go flying through her windshield and I whipped around and followed her down the driveway and into her parking garage.

When she finally got out of her car I asked what that was about and the whole “I didn’t want to wait for oncoming traffic/Oh, so you thought you’d take my life to save yourself a few seconds” argument occurred.

After we hashed it out for a few minutes suddenly she realized that we go to the same dog park and she knows my dog by name. Fuck! And I know her dog and she’s a nice person, too. Then we chatted more civilly about what happened and it sounds like she’s going to be more aware of her actions in regards to cycling.

Human > Vigilante

^^ that’s different. OP was not talking about an accident caused by someone’s lapse in judgment. Girl was simply stupid. OP’s situation stemmed from frat douchebags’ deliberate attempt to intimidate and haze.

The second that someone tries to dehumanize me through any deliberate act, I lose my will to appeal to their human sensibilities.

Fuck the higher ground.

Its not that they don’t know you’re a human. I’m trying to suggest that human beings are rational by nature. Thus to this frat boy piece of shit, all his frat boy piece of shit friends are encouraging him to do something and since he is rational (but short sighted) will do it because he doesn’t want to face the consequences of not doing it.

However, if you add yourself into the equation the rational choice is to obviously not injure the cyclist. The trouble is that they are thinking of you simply as an object to get their initial desired means (which is to be cool?). SO if you humanize yourself, they are more likely to not hurt you.

Im not telling anyone to take the moral high ground. The moral high ground would be to talk to them about why they’re wrong and forgive them. Fuck that. I’m trying to tell you how to make someone feel guilty for what they did sooner than they would. Full legal action SHOULD be taken, utilized.

The “moral high ground” I assume you all thought I was on about was the comment about you being better than a street thug.

My suggestion isn’t that you shouldn’t u lock justice someone, but it puts you in a very precarious position. By that I mean it essentially takes away any legal advantage you have. Self defense and retaliation are very different in the eyes of the law. While these frat boys may be able to be charged with assault, you attacking them could easily get you charged with aggravated assault, which not only sets you up for a greater penalty, but also essentially neutralizes your case against them as you are no longer really a credible witness.

So no, I’m not saying take the moral high ground, I’m saying there are smart things to do and there are completely stupid things to do. While the stupid things seem like good and satisfying options, they will generally probably end up fucking you in the ass.

Sorry for all the tl:drs

[quote=tzusing]Convince them that i’m human as well?
I assume that when a bunch of crackers pull up in their truck and call me a chink and ask me about my penis size that i should convince them that i’m human as well?[/quote]

fine you’ll be allowed to use your kung fu. you’re asian so i know you have a firm grasp on technique and know it’s only for defense

don’t hate, litigate.

Your reply to my last post doesn’t really jive with that statement. :slight_smile:

This. It’s amazing that they say they can’t do anything. Why don’t they just knock on the dude’s door and say something like: “We know what you did, and we’ve made a note of it. Try that again and you’re fucked.” I mean, wtf, it can’t hurt to give them some sort of warning, can it?[/quote]

If you don’t have any witnesses the police can’t do a lot. They got the plate and the cops can go to the guys house, but the guy can deny it and then nothing can be done. You also have to make sure you have a description of the driver; just because you have the plates doesn’t mean the owner of the vehicle was driving.

If you get into an incident you gotta get 4 things:

1. Their information
  2. All witnesses information
  3. A Police report
  4. A lawyer (preferably one who specializes in bicycle law)

It’s hard, in the heat of battle, to remember all four things, so write 'em down and stick 'em in your wallet so you make sure you get them all. Payouts will be your reward.[/quote]

As I see it, the police have two main roles:

1. Catch the bad guys
  2. Make folks who are doing the right thing feel safe and protected.

I know there’s almost no chance they’ll be able to charge the person in question. But I feel that warning them may stop a percentage of them from doing it again. Not everyone, but maybe a couple. And not all perps are totally knowledgable on their rights. I would think a handful of them would admit fault or dob in their friend who was in the car.

Even if there’s nothing they can do, why the fuck don’t they just pretend they’re going to talk to the alledged criminals so that the victim doesn’t feel helpless and unprotected. I’ve been in this situation before and it sucks when the police come right out and say that they aren’t even going to try. That’s all I ask: let me live under the illusion that the police are trying to protect folks who are going about their business.

evidence: it’s a bitch.

Fuck the Indy Police!
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100823/NEWS02/8230373/IMPD-cop-suspected-in-hit-run-coverup
http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/NEWS06/100813056/Background-on-the-Bisard-case

[quote=kevinwulf]You also have to make sure you have a description of the driver; just because you have the plates doesn’t mean the owner of the vehicle was driving.
[/quote]
This is really important. I was a witness to a hit and run of a pedestrian, got the plates and stuff. Even wrote down exactly what had happened as soon as I got home. When the cop called me a week later to take a statement the only thing he really asked for was what the driver looked like. Since I didn’t get a good look at the driver and couldn’t give a description the case was dropped and nobody was charged with anything.

PS That Bisard shit is scandalous, I was reading about that a few days ago.

i’ve operated most of my life on the 2x revenge principal. whatever perceived wrong someone visited on me, i gave back to them at least twice as hard. i have done petty shit like throwing jasco on peoples’ cars or tossing sparkplug ends thru windows to far far worse. eventually the slightest wrong would invoke visions of ulockin people by the neck to a pile of tires setting them alight. violence became a grey area and the sweetest planned revenge tasted bitter. the whole life left me hollow.

also many cultures use schadenfreude as coping mechanism

plus nut shots are hilarious

i think i prefer people getting hit in the head. i just realized that i cringe at them but the videos i have laughed the hardest at have been headshots.

Was purposefully hit today. The guy had plenty of room to go around me while I was crossing the street but he turned his car right into me. I thought I was gonna get run over, but he hit my back wheel and sent me sliding. Asshole drove off and NOBODY DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT! There were cars heading right at us when he hit me. They pulled up right next to the guy and nobody did anything. I flagged down a guy and told him to grab the license number, but he “lost him.” He didn’t try very hard.

Luckily I seem to have gotten away with only minor bruising and the bike seems to be okay. I guess we’ll see when I take it out tomorrow.

Assholes!

Fuck man. Fuck.

that’s fucked up shit man…

so you called the cops immediately right? what did they say?

sorry to hear this. always angers me sooo much. =(

Fuck that dude. Sorry, man.