You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

No, the 75lbs is my personal experience.

Not sure what the actual weight is, I’ve hauled a human but the weight displacement is weird.

3 Likes

how big a human we talking here?

Also hands down the most sketchball kid hauler setups I’ve seen are MiniMax diy jobs posted to the cargo bike thread on LFGSS. “Got my wee man up high where I can see him” kid in a car seat on top of what looks like a fucking pile of Lincoln Logs glued to the rack

I put a 30 pound human on it once and only once. It was fine riding around the neighborhood until we stopped and he easily tipped it over by wiggling around in the box because the COG is so high.
It’s a great bike for delivering fairly light boxes of uniform size and shape but kind of a no go as a kid carrier atmo.

Whats the build on it? Not gonna lie, if I was going to spend 3k on a used cargo bike it better have e-assist

2 Likes

I don’t know how much a microwave weighs, but that’s as much as I’d like to carry on my Clyde. I could ride ok, but I had to really reign in the steering on tight turns and high speeds.

That may have more to do with the frame it’s on, though.

I had the box bolted a little farther forward in my first iteration, so I could clear the cables with the folding lid and it rode baaaaaad.

1 Like

I was wondering about how it would work on a bike with thin walled skinny tubes.

1 Like

It feels plenty stiff, but the HTA and AtC are a little wrong. It’s very nearly level, so I don’t know how it all works out, maybe it’s as good as it can be? I’ve never ridden one on another bike.

hook that microwave up to your dynamo and you could be in Hot Pocket City every time you ride

4 Likes

Very sadly this is my only bike without a dynamo.

Without a dynamo, so far.

5 Likes

i had one on a bike with not so skinny thinwall tubes. it planed in a great way

Janky child carrier also works for cake.

8 Likes

I took a crate and trailer full of glass down to the recycling bin. Not pictured: glass, because it had already been dropped off.

7 Likes

Clearly I bought the wrong trailer

10 Likes

I think i posted this tag-a-long cargo trailer before, but i just noticed at the shop last week how the connecting arm/handle works

11 Likes

Whole Foods uses those for moving things between stores (I think) in nyc.

I was just about to post this, it is so fucking sick

The cherry on top is that there’s a whole fucking crowd of people rubbernecking and lollygagging around, as they should, and he just effortlessly maneuvers the whole thing around everybody without murdering any of them :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know what I’d do with a trailer right this second but I want one

2 Likes

the container is also coming off a canal boat?

1 Like

trailer wider than my shoulders would be scary

It would be pretty rad to have something like that for rent from a home improvement store with a click in container for carrying soil, mulch, building supplies, etc, or larger things using a flat bed accessory platform.

3 Likes