You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

There’s something similar some other group bought pre COVID that’s been just chilling in the boat bay. I’ve never seen it get moved other than pushing it out of the way for a fork lift and I’m sure it’s been ridden even less than that. I rode it once in a loop around the boat bay and onto the staging pier and that was enough.

With like -400mm trail, do those have a tendency to jackknife?

I don’t remember and there was no load in it when I rode it

I’ve joined the cult and I’m digging it

15 Likes

You just reminded me that I’ve still got one of those I need to sell!

just ordered a clydesdale fork. Really hoping the dog will ride in it once i have it all setup

7 Likes

shower the dog with lots of good treats so they’re not afraid of it! I could never get my dobie to sit in the cargo bike well enough, she hated it even with all the food

Yeah, Penny’s never been a fan. she’ll ride in the box on the bullitt if I fill it with pillows and blankets and put the bungee net over the top, but she’ll cry the whole time. Good thing the vet is only .5 miles away.

He already rides in kayak with no problems so hoping its not too big of a deal. Going to go slow and strap him in

Make sure you strap him in real good, even if you’re confident in his ability to stay put. There’s nothing more terrifying than your dog doing a front flip body slam self choke out of your cargo bike at 10mph. Don’t ask how I know.

7 Likes
4 Likes

I will definitely keep that in mind. I saw some setups with multiple straps going to the basket like a seat belt so thats what i was going to try

Lol this was put on by a good bud. Seems like it was a great event and less shitty than the carry shit Olympics of the mess days

1 Like

Never seen one of these before. Hey @spaghetti, think it needs a seat tube gusset?

It was attached to a helluva trailer.

5 Likes

Oh shit a civia

Are those still around?

Triggered

That’s some Midwest shit right there

We only fell off the bike once and it was before we started actually riding :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

This is why you always ride the cargo bike and also always carry extra straps

20 Likes

proper garage/shop system right there

2 Likes