You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

Funny enough we have had a receiver and record player sitting in the shop for months with no speakers!

1 Like

there are things you might not want living in your house that like to live on circuit boards…

2 Likes

definitely a good idea to fumigate any curbside stereo gear before it goes inside

1 Like

Has anybody here ordered a Rolling Jackass and have thoughts on the lever/foot options?

Like what? Do roaches love circuit boards? Bed bugs maybe?

Roaches love to live in electronics. Don’t know why. Warm. Get some spray. Stick it in a bag and bomb it. Then clear out the carcasses with some compressed air

beg your pardon?

1 Like

Uh yeah, are we still talking about infested speakers?

*bag

centipedes? in my… nevermind

1 Like

I put them in the shop. There are already plenty of critters in there.

Had a bike with one, very very stable. In order to get the brake lever to engage the kickstand where I wanted it I had enough tension that sometimes it hit the ground when I went around a corner. Probably shot sparks but I dunno. I should have asked Haulin’ Colin for help but we sold the bike instead. Had some wide feet, but it came with the bike, zero dithering.

We have a RJA on the xtracycle and they built a custom one for our blackborrow. The lever to deploy only okay and takes up bar real estate . Not worth it according to the person that puts up with me on a daily basis (PTPUWMOADB). It’s super stable though kids can climb on and off on their own without worrying about tipping as long as the ground is relatively level. They’re worth it for the piece of mind when hauling kids. I don’t think i could justify the price to not tip over some groceries.

1 Like

This is the current situation. The stock kickstand works fine for groceries but a wobbly little kid would want a centerstand. But that is still over a year away.

This would go on a bike with Jones bars to bar space isn’t necessarily a problem… But are y’all telling me the friction shifter is the way to go?

Would a dropper lever work?

I don’t know it takes a fair amount of effort to deploy. It’d help keep the stand from folding if the bike got pushed forward though.

1 Like

A good stand is 100% essential for a bike that a little kid crawls in and out of.
The box I got for my Bullitt has a little step on the side for kiddos to use to climb in. It’s awesome and the Bullitt kickstand is rock solid.

1 Like

I kept meaning to build a step for my longjohn, but my kid kept growing and the problem solved itself

Had to take a bmx wheel to the UPS store, this is the biggest box I’ve transported.

7 Likes

an interrupter brake lever is really ideal for it — on a Jones bar my first attempt would be a 31.8 version mounted next to the stem like these