You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

We’re Big Tech now

2 Likes

Tarck: 99% shitposting 1% unique, valuable information you’ll have a hard time finding anywhere else.

3 Likes

It was as I who obtained the bullitt box from the german bike shop.

It is good, but there is an equivalent box of that type that splendid sells now

1 Like

The base from a wheel barrow and a stretchy net over top?

1 Like

This one?

We test rode one one of these ^^^ and found the wood rattled around quite a bit no matter how tight the straps were.

We got this one and it’s been great

But shipping would probably be a nightmare. I imagine you could show those pictures to most sheet metal shops and they could come up with something similar.

That thing looks amazing.
Shipping from portland for the badger box was like $90 iirc. Not too cray for such a huge package.

I added a hand grenade pouch for snacks and stuff. It’s a hit! I think I’ll mount a loony bin or something for his bevies.

Also, the dynamo is intriguing and is the reason he always shows up to school with filthy hands.

10 Likes

Yes , it’s a but squeaky and creaky, and actually doesn’t fit together quite right. I think they did a second version that is a bit better tolerances.

Main reason for going this route was to be able to take the sides off to haul bulky things.

They shipped it packed flat so the charges weren’t terrible, it ended up being comparably priced to one of the other boxes that Splendid could supply.

May have to take sides off on a regular basis so my children can have some more leg room

2 Likes

So y’all keep posting boxes but the thing I’m thinking of wasn’t something you could buy, exactly. It was an open source set of specs that were supposed to download and use on a local laser cutter.

No real need to get to the bottom of this, I’m just mad because I thought it was cool and I have no idea how to relocate it (and also concerned this is a Mandela effect thing lol)

I remember it being plans to cut out your own ratchet strap box.

1 Like

16 Likes

did you have a flag bike preceding you?

5 Likes

This guy is bonkos

Did you file a flight plan?

9 Likes

Good to see that I’m not the only person weird and stubborn enough the haul lumber on a Bullitt!

6 Likes

I am betting you get plenty of room from cars

1 Like

in this club too

11 Likes

Found some more dumb cargo bike shit looking for lumber pictures

All the random stuff left over in the old apartment

2 bikes, spare wheel, and diapers apparently

3 bikes

Ikea trips

Boxes for some reason

And some small stuff too

19 Likes

I’ve ridden one and yes, they ride like absolute shit.

Also have carried dumb shit.

8 Likes

stupidest thing I ever did on this bike, barely made it the half mile I needed to go.

11 Likes