You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

The ultimate e-cargo bike

10 Likes

this but in the form of a conference bike or pedalpub that all of your pallbearers have to pedal

17 Likes

With knobbly tires to make it over the undulating cemetery lawn

4 Likes

wanna take my kid to school in this so she can pop out like Dracula. “Blehhh! I vant to learn your algebra!”

3 Likes

y’all.

bigant ruined their logo but made a crate with a door.

6 Likes

what 406 are all yall running?

bonus points for anything I can match to 27.5x1.5

tire or wheel oh nevermind I’ll do both:
Rhinolite rim
Schwalbe Big Apple Plus (not tubeless, that will happen someday?)

1 Like

i think i should just stick with powerblock and not overthink this

1 Like

counterpoint: try a bunch of BMX tires that come in wacky colors but may not stand up to actual mileage. Then report back.

I want pink camo tires because obviously, but not if they wear out instantly

1 Like

i actually did that for a few years and let me tell you… bad idea!
the big issue is that they do hold up to mileage, just ride like turds

3 Likes

My limited time on the GT Pool tires agrees with that. Sturdy, looked awesome (v important), were absolutely no fun to ride. Would do them on a turdly ebike tho.

1 Like

ahh yeah that makes sense. My longjohn came with what may literally be moped tires, and switching to the comparatively light and supple Big Apple Plus was nice.

Black tires are also more grippy than not black tires

IRC Siren Pro is the best 20" tire on the market.
I have not used it with a tube, but setup tubeless, it’s been 100% flawless service on both my small front wheels.

Big Bens: Okay, kinda sluggish for a non-ebike
Big Apples: Had these on the Katu and really liked them

Neither of which have a matching 650b version which seems like a failure on Schwalbe’s part.

I’m not a fan of Powerblocks in either size I ran them (406 and 26"), thought the Big Bens felt better in that smaller size atmo. The PB felt sensitive to pressure and squirmy in the turns.

I used whatever @Straws posted

Put the big rando bag on the emergency randonneuse and went shopping. sigh

9 Likes

Kind of surprising. This is on a Tern GSD. We’re always at max weight/turbo mode, and I don’t maintain my chains at all, but this is only 700 miles.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good replacement? My priority is basically reliability over everything else.

Shimano linkglide shit?

Tell us about the Kubota back there

4 Likes