You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

My brand guy has been house hunting for over a year and is not a picky person.

Wife’s friend had her rental sold out from under her and has been searching for a suitable place to move her and her kid to for 6 months.

Most of the youths that work for me are paying insanely high rents and are constantly stressed about future living conditions.

I assure you shit is still proper fucked.

6 Likes

yeah, leveled off is “not getting worse”, but also “is currently not good”. Bunch of NIMBY bullshit is getting overridden though, which I’m happy about - no parking minimums, ADUs are allowed, lots of upzoning.

None of this is a guarantee that things will improve, but at least now it’s going to be possible to fit living options to existing price ranges. I’d hate to see RVA turn into the Bay Area for this kind of thing.

I’m honestly surprised that there are still empty lots and derelict buildings in my neighborhood, usually once you get wine shops and juice bars, the real estate capital committements have swept all that away.

I still think we need a category for cargo bikes in races a la the support trucks in Dakar

4 Likes

Taco party shopping on the clyde yesterday

13 Likes

Jesus fuck. I just looked at prices in Oregon Hill and houses are half a fucking million dollars. Those are the prices I’m seeing for similar houses in Nevada City outside Sacramento where all the techies escaped to after covid.

Richard and Allen have been talking about moving back and I’m trying to tell them the wage/rent gap isn’t in their favor anymore, they might as well just stay here. If I’m moving somewhere it’s not to be the 5th roommate at these prices.

1 Like

Primo on-street parking outside the falafel shop!

17 Likes

its nice to see that thousands of falafel balls later theyre giving you preferred parking

2 Likes

Check out this cool thing I saw locked up. Not really a cargo bike, I guess, but I’ll allow it.

15 Likes

What a weirdo tandem

you’d have to pedal like Mr. Natural walks to make that thing work with a full complement of riders.

1 Like

should probably start bringing a backpack to Costco. immediately tipped my bike over trying to lift it up the curb to get to my house

18 Likes

That’s one big bag buddy!

1 Like

loving the hite-lite

1 Like

gravel bike.

10 Likes

had to take the dynamo off because I swapped saddles last week, rendering the hite rite nonfunctional (not that it was ever used on this bike in the first place)

I modeled it after my Trash messenger bag that I used to just leave in my basket. it’s definitely a lil outta control haha

Whenever I see someone wearing one of those huge trash bags I marvel at them since wearing even the smallest of messenger bags or backpacks on the bike tends to hobble me for days.

1 Like

My parents are moving out of the house I grew up in so the rest of my crap has to come home with me or go in a dumpster.
This is about a hundred and fifty pounds of comic books and there’s like ten more of these boxes!

20 Likes

Wolverine!

I thought I had the complete run of vol. 1 in there, but there are big holes.
The other box is just marvel floppies from like 2002-2004. I don’t even know why I’m keeping them.