Bike blerg thread

1 for every day and twice on sunday

I was going to say that’s worse than me, but…9 pairs:

• Road shoes
  • Trail shoes - almost worn out (last pair of Wildhorse 5s :sob:)
  • New trail shoes to make sure they fit
  • Racing flats
  • XC spikes
  • Two pairs of track spikes - the new ones are better than the old ones, but the old ones have sentimental value as they’re left-overs from a small batch of spikes for Reebok-sponsored Olympic runners.
  • Two pairs of trainers that were on sale when I was getting the new trail shoes.
2 Likes

and on the seventh day he put them to rest

1 Like

lol I have 10 pairs just of Croc Alice mary janes

that they stopped making in size W12 a decade ago

red (retired), red (new), blue, purple, brown, bronze, white, black, black/silver, black/fuzzy

3 Likes

It will be an exciting experiment to see if the rubber starts deteriorating before you get a chance to wear them out.

2 Likes

These all have a harder plastic or rubber outsole as a strength and weakness

On my original red pair the soft foam croc upper eventually shrank, giving them an underbite from the sole staying the same. A few of the newer ones need repairs to glue the outsole back on, and one of them had a straps chewed by a mastiff.

I mostly just let them accumulate randomly around the house and wear mixed colors

this is the thread for shitposting ya?
Here’s a very low effort shitpost.
fendertool

4 Likes

There is also the Bike Products Which Exist, But Which One Wishes Did Not thread, for cross-posting shenanigans.

We also have the Rivendell Rage Reader thread. Maybe we need a Reen Herse Rage thread, too?

1 Like

lmfaoooo

Anyone needs me, I’ll be in the back room fender edging

8 Likes

i’m bout to nut

13 Likes

Been trying to figure out what the violation is. Is the dude running Door Dash downtown to the tune of 50 miles day? Running an ebike on some sort of generator? Very curious

4 Likes

yeah how do you violate the tos of a city bike program other than throwing the bikes in the nearest body of water?

1 Like

Maybe it’s possible to rent multiple bikes at a time and he’s using them to do brewery tours?

Unless there are a lot of Robert Feltons here it looks like he works for a “property restoration” company. Bicycle driven fan for mold remediation? Guess it depends on how they track miles

2 Likes

or bush league arbitrage by subletting rentals since his are prepaid/unlimited

4 Likes

I suspect they allow you to rent multiple at a time for family type rides and based on his LinkedIn I suspect he is moving entire construction crews around downtown with them lol

4 Likes

263 trips 20 days into the new year, so he’s either making 13 trips a day or bulk renting

6 Likes

Wait hold up. The original tweeter doesn’t have a car? How do they live down there?

1 Like

if I can remember this by Monday, I will see what I can figure out. I’m not positive that we do the customer service for Austen, but I think I can figure this out.

2 Likes

I can tell you that with how this mileage is calculated, they are effectively riding for six hours a day every single day, or at least, that is how long their pass is in effect for. This is truly exceptional bike share use that we don’t typically see with the known Dashers.

2 Likes